• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup error code 25057

Operating System: windows xp sp1
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I had daemon tools 3.33 on my pc then I tryed to install 3.47 and at the end of the setup I get Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2)

Please clean or move setupapi.log, delete devices with yellow exclamation marks in device manager and reboot, then try to install. If it still fails, mail new setupapi.log to support@daemon-tools.cc, and check event log (via eventvwr -> system protocol) for error messages from Daemon Tools bus driver (including all binary bytes).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2) Error

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP2
      Burning Software: Nero Burning Rom 6, CloneCD 4.3.2.2
      Anti-virus Software: Norton Anti Virus2004
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hello,

I am having the 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2) Error as well. Before clicking enter on the error message, I can see the yellow exclamation mark in front of the PNP-Bios extension as described earlier by others. This disappears, after daemon tools installer rolls back installation.

No minidump is being created.

System Eventviewer does not show Daemon Tools related errors. Application Eventviewer shows mentioned error:
      Product: DAEMON Tools -- Error 25001. Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2) . Contact your support personnel.
      Product: DAEMON Tools -- Installation failed.

I have moved and renamed the setupapi.log, restarted the machine, tried to reinstall daemon tools, but received the same error

message again. I have attached the rar-packed new setupapi.log to an emails sent after posting this post, linking to this post.
      The log looks good to a layman like me, except for this:

#I163 Device not started: Device has problem: 0x25: CM_PROB_FAILED_DRIVER_ENTRY.

Additional Information:
      Before this installation attempt, I did receive the scsiport.sys BSOD along with the invalid device name error, that has been reported here earlier. I followed the "Error 25002, or how to remove Daemon Tools drivers" instructions successfully and am now getting this far.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Comment

Do you use alternative ntoskrnl.exe? Please use original system files only.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

No, I use an unmodified OS. Before reading about modified ntoskrnl excutables I didn't even know what that file would be for I also don't use any registry cleaners or other "performance enhancement" software.
          Actually the install is still rather fresh and clean.

Meanwhile I also tried installing alcohol 120%, but the trial install returned the same error message. Obviously due to the similiar nature of the software in parts.

However, I just managed to circumvent the problem by using "b347" as driver names. Works like a charm.

Still - if you find out what is causing the regular driver name to not complete installation, please let me know.

Thanks again for your help and the fast reply to both mail and forum post!

Comment

Working...
          X