Star Wars: Battlefront... any luck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Battlefront... any luck?

I've tried to do securom new 4.x/5.x with the latest alcohol v1.9.2.1705, when i mount the image in daemon-tools v3.47 and try to run the game it gives me the securom has detected emulation software message... is this a daemon-tools issue or an alcohol issue? and if it is daemon-tools what is the eta for a fix?

Same exact problem here. Anyone have any ideas?
    Adam

Comment

Same problem, tried several workarounds, no luck. Running clonyxxl on my daemon-drive shows identical to the physical CD.

Comment

we will check this in the next days

Comment

i burnt the (rmps)-image to cd using alc and it works. it even works without having to use complicated script stuff and things (xp pro sp2 alc, nero, dt installed). at first i thought it might be the same stuff as with spellforce, but obviously it is not. none of the emulations gets disabled or whatever.
          Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

I get the same results as gZg using the same methods (up-to-date A120 using securom new 4.x/5.x). I don't even have A120 on the same PC in which I use Daemon Tools. I have no other emulation or burning software installed either. Nor is emulation checked 'on' in Daemon Tools.

The exact error message I get is: Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected. See www.securom.com/emulation for more details.

Comment

I would like to add to this:

Using Blindwrite (and checking the securom stuff, etc.) same problem, same message. Given the "please don't use emulation software" message with a link to their website /emulation.

So I thought I'd write it to a disc, didn't think it'd be that easy :cry:

The message I get is:
              "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup. See www.securom.com/copy for more details"

Geh, I'm getting a new PC next week and I wanted to play a bunch of games IPX/LAN w/ a friend, hell the older ones I can make "spawn" copies to do that, but these new games (in particular, battlefront) are making me jump through hoops in preparation, and in the case of battlefront nothing works

Edit note: Nothing works but the original disc, of course :|

Are there any other known ways to just get a game working on 2 pc's for lan games?

Comment

I have't opened the box yet will it at least play with the daemon tools installed. Or is it one of those games i have heard about that wants you to uninstall all virutal drives completely?

Comment

it will play with daemon tools installed and running, just won't play from a virtual drive.

Comment

thats good. not great but good :?

Comment

Yeah, I can get it to play while I have OTHER games mounted, just not if I have SW-BF mounted. Lame, as the whole reason I use this is just to speed my game load times.

Comment

works well for me with german retail version.

i ґve mage an image with latest alc120% and securom 4/5 profile and burned it with rmps emulation. works fine!

Comment

Originally Posted by Parn
                          works well for me with german retail version.

i ґve mage an image with latest alc120% and securom 4/5 profile and burned it with rmps emulation. works fine!
                          But have you tried playing the game by MOUNTING it (not burning)?
                          Adam

Comment

not with the common (bw/alc120) software. but with the actual version of virtual cd 6 i have made an image of disc 1 and itґs playable from hdd (mounted!).

Comment

Probably one should use latest bw and write a 1:1 copy with plextor premium! I have not tried yet, but it could work using right settings, Have a Try :mrgreen:
                              I cannot believe that vcd images work , I have tried a lot of games , but nothing ran with vcd 6 , especially securom protected cds , maybe you are lucky ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X