• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One solution for uninstall

Operating System: Win XP Home
    Burning Software: Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software: AVG Free
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46/3.47

I discovered a very interesting thing yesterday that might be of help with some of the problems uninstalling older versions or upgrading to a newer version of Daemon Tools. I too had many problems. Phantom drives, crashing, a pop-up on reboot telling me that "product is not installed!", just totally messing up my XP computer to the point I had to go back to a restore point and just continue on with the older version though I really wanted to install 3.47. I'm browsing my hideously full programs list on my Start Menu one day and I find awxDTools. What's this? Wow! I forgot I had even installed the thing! I uninstalled awxDTools then Daemon Tools and crossed my fingers while I rebooted. After a few weeks of banging my head against the wall it was all gone!!! I installed Daemon Tools 3.47 - no problem! Reinstalled awxDTools. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times just to make sure. No problems at all! While this might not be the case for some, make sure that you uninstall any of the 3rd party add-ons associated with Daemon Tools BEFORE you try to update or uninstall Daemon Tools itself. I hope that this helps some of the others who are having problems.

BTW, did I say that Daemon Tools is a great program? Keep up the good work!

Uninstall /product is not installed

Operating System: Home XP
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: ?

I have a version of Daemon that does not open up, so I have decided to uninstall, and try a newer version.
    After uninstalling I get the message after boot up, dialogue box saying product is not installed.
    I've searched for, awxDTools, but I don't seem to have this anywhere even after a search.
    So how do I get rid of this message before I start from afresh?

Comment

Working...
    X