• Show
Clear All

• Problem with uninstallation

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: 347

The problem is as follows:

I installed an old version of Daemon Tools (317) and it added the virtual DVD/CD player (F: ) but had a problem with the language support. I was going to uninstall it but couldn't since it hadn't created a log onto the Add/Delete Programs tool. So I installed the latest version on top of it thinking it would solve the problem.
    However, when I installed the new version it added ANOTHER Virtual unit (E: ) while F: was still there.
    I tried to manage eliminating F: from Daemon tools but couldn't. So I uninstalled Daemon Tools again (thinking it would get rid of both virtual units). But it didn't, it only got rid of the last one I added (E: ).

I tried doing what it says in the uninstall info (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...uninstallation).

I also tried eliminating the virtual unit from its Properties box and from Device Manager, under the DVD/CD-ROM units.

The Unit disappears when I do this, but everytime I turn the computer back on, there it is again!!

PLEASE HELP!!

Un-install Daemon Tools, check threads about error 25002 and remaining drives in our common problems and solutions forum, reboot after the procedure(s), then re-install v3.47.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thank you so much!!! I must admit I was kind of freaking out already, cuz a friend of mine was already telling me to format!!!

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
      X