Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the util which reduces image size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the util which reduces image size?

Hi Guys,

Several months ago, I was browsing through, and noticed that several people were using a util which could reduce the size of a virtual image, by removing pretty much all of the content, except the protection tracks. This does make the image pretty much useless for anything else, but I'm not bothered - I can always reburn a full image if required...

Can anyone enlighten me as to its name? I thought it had a Z or X in its name??

I've searched hi and lo in this forum, and cannot find any references to it at all - so any pointers, thoughts, rumours etc would be great!!

I have many cd images resident (~100gb) and need to reduce this somehow, whilst keeping the images available online for authentication.

I have all the original cd's too, so if the util requires a fresh burn, and only extract the protection of that, then no problem.

Many thanks
    Tiiazllm

If you can afford to have 100Gb of ISO, you can afford to buy a new HD.. :mrgreen:

Comment

@noib - wisdom is knowing that when you have nothing to say, don't say anything,as it takes the guess work out of realising how incapable you are. Grow up.

Anyone out there with any real ideas as to the util I'm thinking of?

Many thanks
      Tiiazllm

Comment

"Grow up" ?
        Buying the games you play is a sign of a "growed up" guy i think.
        Having 100Gb of ISO represents having 125 Games (800Mb each approx). I HARDLY believe you have BOUGHT 125 games, buddy.

Anyway, i'll give you a tip so my post will be useful this time : :idea: "use drive compression" :idea:

Comment

<sigh> - Does anyone know how to remove this Troll knob (or similar) which I appear to have stepped in and is now stuck to my heel?

Please don't say garlic - as that would be just too funny, and I doubt it would have any effect given its origins.

Comment

Thanks Steve. I wish you luck with your cybercafes, don't forget to pay the license !

Comment

I run a gaming center, this type of app would be of great use, does it exist?

Comment

Originally Posted by noib
                Thanks Steve. I wish you luck with your cybercafes, don't forget to pay the license !
                @noib - Hooray, you finally found out why your comments until now are so utterly irrelevent - I have 80 gaming machines, all managed by a central gaming system. I have over 250 original gaming titles + images, all licenced, and distributed around our 3 sites... Hence I'm looking for a way to reduce the image size dramatically (oh dear - 'use NTFS compresssion' you really don't have the faintest idea do you?)

Dear nob, over 2 hrs to search on google? - you have to be the slowest Troll in existance. Go home little boy.

Just remember, the next time youi come out with your pearls of wisdom replies, that it's probably the case you don't have a clue as to what's going on with the originator of the post. I imagine, that's the same for you in real life (that's the world outside your bedroom)

Comment

@Tiiazllm : i don't understand why you are so aggressive. You have 80 machines on 3 sites ? wow ! That makes you a technical guru, and me a "noob" ??
                  You replied to my first answer as if i attacked you, this is just a pity.. Relax, get some rest, have a good beer, watch Mr Bean, stop insulting me without reason and re-read my post : add another HD to your server, 100Gb disk is nothing to pay and you'll get faster access than with any compressing method.

Comment

@Tiiazllm: did you licensed Daemon Tools already?? You're not listed in
                    our customer-database. DT isn't free for gaming centers. Please support us
                    and register Daemon Tools if you use it for your centers.

Comment

Working...
                    X