• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install of 3.47 fails

Operating System: Windows Xp
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Install is nearly finished, then pauses for a while.

Then error message as below appears.

Device setup error: code 25031 (0x61C7), -536870389 (0xE000020B). Contact your support personnel.

When I click OK (which is the only option) the install rolls back.

Any known solutions to this problem would be appeciated. Or an explanation of the error message.

Thanks

3.41 installs ok

So I guess that narrows it down to a recent change.

Comment

Please clean or move setupapi.log, delete devices with yellow exclamation marks in device manager and reboot, then try to install. If it still fails, mail new setupapi.log to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread, and check event log (via eventvwr -> system protocol) for error messages from Daemon Tools bus driver (including all binary bytes).
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks. All requested information sent

Comment

Hm, didn't get anything yet, please resend rar-packed.

Comment

Operating System: WinXP SP2
            Burning Software: Nero 6
            Anti-virus Software: McAfee
            DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46 & 3.47

same to me....after deinstallation of version 3.46 I'm unable to get version 3.47 or 3.46 installed..OS ist WinXP SP2 - I got the same error message as mention above....what could I do ?

Comment

All requested infor resent in a rar file. Please confirm that this has been received.

Comment

Got it :idea:

Comment

Please check - who has access to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI key?
                  Make sure system has full control over it. Is it so?

Comment

Yes,

SYSTEM has full control over that key

Comment

On your PC Windows just cannot find the device after it has installed it - long ago such problems occured due to registy permission settings set by some tools. But in your case it maybe has different cause. Logs show no errors.

Comment

Ok.

Others are having this problem so I wonder if you could give me any clues where to start looking from your knowledge of the changes between v3.41 (which work fine) and 3.47?

Comment

Please check if you have remainders from previous DT in device manager - delete old SCSI controller and bus driver if any. Check if old driver files are present is System32\Drivers. Consult corresponding thread about 25002 error in common solution section as well.
                          Please also scan Windows\INF fiolder and delete possible oem*.inf files that may point to older versions as well - normally they should be deleted.
                          But maybe it is issue in your case. Reboot then, clear setupapi.log and try setup again.
                          If you still have same error - do not press OK. just go first into device manager and check what devices you have in SCSI controller section
                          and look into HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI to check if you have d34... entry created there. Mail me about it to venom386@daemon-tools.cc with you setupapi.log up to this moment (i.e. before pressing ok).
                          After that you can press ok (setup will cleanup all devices if any).

Comment

Managed to fix this.

Some how HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI had been corrupted in a strange way.

If you are interested, here is a screenshot. This ever increasing length of key name went on for hundreds more lines.

This is what I did to fix it but I take no responsibility if it totally ruins your pc if you try it.

I deleted the PCI key totally. Then created a new PCI key (which was of course empty)

I then used a slipstreamed (SP2) Windows XP disk to do a repair install. I'm not sure if this is neccessary but I did it anyway.

Hey presto, the PCI key is now ok and shows info for PCI devices. 3.47 now installs no problem.

As an added bonus, some other stuff that wasn't working properly (but I could live with) is now fixed. Like more stuff is in my device manager, e.g. display adapters. And the sound card I have in a PCI slot now works!

Comment

Operating System: xp pro
                              Burning Software: none
                              Anti-virus Software: f-prot
                              DAEMON Tools Version: none

I believe I have the same problem. I had 3.47 installed on my system, running just fine. But, after I uninstalled it , it won't install again. I get the 25031 error code message every time. I've tried versions 3.33, 3.41 and 3.47, but, same thing...
                              There are no old DT files on my hd, and I've removed every ref to d347bus* and d347prt* in the registry. Still, it keeps ****ing with me.

Going through the setupapi.log file, there seems to be some problems with system32\SysSetup.dll (file seems to be fine). It says something about "error 126 can't find the module" and "can't activate inst prog for SCSI adapter".

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X