• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mount .iso image and nothing happens

Operating System: XP Home
    Burning Software: Alcohol 120 1.9.2
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2003
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When I mount an image file in Daemon nothing happens.

This was also so. When I first installed the software, I was able to mount an image file, and it autoran just like a real one. Suddenly it won't work anymore, and I haven't made any installations to my computer.

Immediatly after installing daemon, i checked out the registry entries for daemon @
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\S CSI\CdRom&Ven_Generic&Prod_DVD-ROM&Rev_1.0\2&12b1de20&2&000

and there were 10 registry keys. After I noticed the problem, I checked again, and there were only 9. the registry entry for the driver was missing.

I unistalled an reinstalled, but same problem. Plus the install harware wizard pops up during installation. I don't touch the wizard, and let daemon install itself. The wizard then tells me hardware fails to install, but deaon installer tells me its ok and to reboot. I do, run daemon and, like i said, when i mount the image file nothing happens.

The daemon drive appears in the device manager, and is listed among my hardware.

Note: previosly to this, my alcohol 120 drives suddenly disappeared. I tried the unistall/re-install with alochol, but the alcohol virtual drive will disapper seconds after loading the program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Check in device manager if there're drivers installed for the virtual device(s), if not install via cdrom.inf supplied by OS.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

The device manager says that the device is working properly.

In the device manager, under properties/driver/driver details, it lists two drivers: pcatip.sys and pxhelp20.sys.

Could this be part of the problem?

either way, I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "install driver via cdrom.inf". I found that file just don't know waht to do with it.

thanks

Comment

If there're no drivers installed, go to install/update drivers and point to cdrom.inf. Usually there should be cdrom.sys, redbook.sys and storprop.dll.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X