PDA

View Full Version : I mount .iso image and nothing happens

7up2
25.09.2004, 19:08
Operating System: XP Home
Burning Software: Alcohol 120 1.9.2
Anti-virus Software: Norton 2003
DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When I mount an image file in Daemon nothing happens.

This was also so. When I first installed the software, I was able to mount an image file, and it autoran just like a real one. Suddenly it won't work anymore, and I haven't made any installations to my computer.

Immediatly after installing daemon, i checked out the registry entries for daemon @
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\S CSI\CdRom&Ven_Generic&Prod_DVD-ROM&Rev_1.0\2&12b1de20&2&000

and there were 10 registry keys. After I noticed the problem, I checked again, and there were only 9. the registry entry for the driver was missing.

I unistalled an reinstalled, but same problem. Plus the install harware wizard pops up during installation. I don't touch the wizard, and let daemon install itself. The wizard then tells me hardware fails to install, but deaon installer tells me its ok and to reboot. I do, run daemon and, like i said, when i mount the image file nothing happens.

The daemon drive appears in the device manager, and is listed among my hardware.

Note: previosly to this, my alcohol 120 drives suddenly disappeared. I tried the unistall/re-install with alochol, but the alcohol virtual drive will disapper seconds after loading the program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Copytrooper
25.09.2004, 19:58
Check in device manager if there're drivers installed for the virtual device(s), if not install via cdrom.inf supplied by OS.

7up2
26.09.2004, 22:26
The device manager says that the device is working properly.

In the device manager, under properties/driver/driver details, it lists two drivers: pcatip.sys and pxhelp20.sys.

Could this be part of the problem?

either way, I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "install driver via cdrom.inf". I found that file just don't know waht to do with it.

thanks

Copytrooper
27.09.2004, 08:19
If there're no drivers installed, go to install/update drivers and point to cdrom.inf. Usually there should be cdrom.sys, redbook.sys and storprop.dll.