• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD playback freezes under MCE 2005/SP2 w/ daemon tools

Operating System: Media Center 2005
    Burning Software: None installed
    Anti-virus Software: None installed
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Over the past weekend, I upgraded to the Media Center 2005 RTM build from the prior release candidate build. Everything went flawless until I tried to mount ISO images of backed up DVDs using daemon tools v3.46. I had no issue with the DVDs starting up but once I clicked on a DVD menu (play, scene selection, etc..), the screen went black and playback froze. This was not an issue prior to upgrading (the upgrade brought along SP2).

On some DVDs, playback worked fine but on others, it would start successfully the first time but then failed all subsequent tries. I experienced the same thing when I went from full screen playback to running MCE within a window. I tried unmounting, remounting, rebooting but still had the same issue frozen playback. Playing the physical DVD worked fine.

Visiting the daemon tools website I found a new release (3.47) which indicated that it fixed an issue with frozen playback using SP2. Installing the new version, however, yielded no better results. With the exception of daemon tools, this is a straight install of Media Center 2005.

Anyone else seeing the same issue and (hopefully) have a work-around? Two DVD's that I've been unable to play include Mad Max and James Bond: Man with a Golden Gun.

Incompatabe with Media Center 2005

I have a freash install of MCE 2005 and after rebooting with Deamon Tools 4 the video resolution went from 1280x720 to 640x480 and the OS warned that the video drivers were incompatable. Uninstalling DM4 and rebooting did not fix the problem , but going back to the previous restore point did.

Dell 8250 3.06Ghz 512, Gigabyte 6600 256, Nvidia TrueVideo

Comment

I have MCDE 2005 too and i cannot agree with this. DT 4 works like a charm with my MCE 05 SP2 and XP Pro 64 SP1.

Config:
      MSI Diamond 54G
      MSI GeForce 7800 GTX
      AMD 3700+ x64
      1,5 GB DDR RAM

P.S: Didnt have installed nVidia Truevideo, uninstall it and see if it has the same effect as with. Otherwise upgrade your GFX Driver.
      You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
      sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Working...
      X