X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools messed me up I Think

Operating System: Windows XP pro
    Burning Software: Alcohol 120%, Nero 6 Ultra Edition
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec Corporate Anti-virus(latest version)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

My problem is that before I installed Daemon tools I was able to read burned DVDs in my dvd drive, and now I cannot and i was wondering if anybody ellse had reported something like this.

My dvd drive is an LG HL -DT --ST RW/DVD GCC-4480B

Comment

If you can read original DVDs but not DVD-Rs you should consider a defective device.
      There's nothing Daemon Tools could do to remove reading capabilities from CD/DVD drives.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

ok, maybe I have a defective device.... It seems odd that it went bad the same time that I installed Daemon tools though...

Comment

Also strange is that after I uninstalled daemon tools, it no longer tells me to insert a disk into my drive when i select it, but it gives me a blank directory (When i have a burned DVD in).

Comment

Operating System: Win XP
            Burning Software: Nero
            Anti-virus Software: Norton 2004
            DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

i have the exact same problem, can't read anything...and this happened when i installed d-tools..The dvd writer is brand new. Does anybody know some solution? i have an LG GSA-4120B

Comment

Wow, someone else with the same problem...Now two people have this problem...I hope theres an answer!

Comment

Well, there's a difference between "can't read anything" and "can't read burned DVDs" :!:
                In the first case it's probably a problem with some filter driver.
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                X