Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some weird behavior n Windows 64 bit with ESET endpoint security

Hi

I have installed Daemon Tools Lite 4.48.1.0347 on my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Right after the install I ran Daemon Tools, mounted my image and everything was good. A while later, I decided to restart my computer.

Now Daemon Tools behaves really weird: There is a process open in task manager called "DTLite.exe *32", but there is no Daemon Tools icon in the icon tray. If I try to open Daemon Tools from any shortcut icon, nothing happens. The desktop widget keeps showing a loading screen type of image and doesn't respond to mouse clicks. If I try to mount an image by right-clicking and selecting "Open with Daemon Tools Lite," i get a message saying "Mounting Image," but nothing happens (not for 5+ minutes anyway).

My Anti-Virus is ESET version 5.0.2122.1

What can I do to fix the issue?

Hallo, and welcome to the forums

I would first browse the logs (Tools -> Log files) and search for entries related to DAEMON Tools to get some pointers which settings need adjustment.

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
    the official support team with reference to this thread.

Furthermore it's highly recommended to also contact the ESET support.
    It's their product preventing DT from functioning properly - not the other way around
    Last edited by Terramex; 22.01.2014, 20:39.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
    X