Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blu ray disc - 'Invalid image file'

Hi there,

I want to make a disc image of a blu ray disc that has been recorded on a Panasonic BTW735 TV recorder.

The footage is standard definition without any protection (that I am aware of - there are no copy restrictions listed by the recorder which highlights when this in terms of copyright).

I successfully made a .mdx image using DTL 4.48.1.0347 but am unable to mount it with the message being 'Unable to mount image file. Invalid image file'. The image icon has a red circle with a line through it.

I didn't have any install issues and am running the software on Vista Ultimate with SP2. Other image files (ISO of DVDs) will load but I am keen to back up blu ray discs.

Can you help please?

Has the disc been finalized in that same device (Link) ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Yes it was finalised for playing on other devices - for playback only and is no longer recordable.

Comment

I have to ask the devs if there is possibly a general issue when imaging/mounting multisession Blu-rays.

In the meantime -if you like- you can use ImgBurn to build a non-multisession image with
        the mode "Create image file from files/folders".

In the options tab set the filesystem to UDF, and the UDF Revision to 2.50.
        Now drag&drop all files of your disc in the Source window on the left.
        Select destination folder and build the image.

P.S.: just like DAEMON Tools ImgBurn also has a partnership with OpenCandy, so maybe this matters to you before the setup process: OpenCandy | What is OpenCandy? Explore the FAQ
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thank you for the pointer towards ImgBurn and the warning about 'installware' - there is a lot 'hidden' away if you do not choose to custom install and that is obviously why so many people are unhappy with what it throws onto your PC if you use the recommended install settings.

I have always been a fan of DVD Decryptor and it looks like this is written to the same high standard - it certainly worked for me and I was able to create an ISO image of the same Blu ray disc that was causing problems (using the settings you suggested) and it mounted without any issues using Daemon Tools Lite.

Thank you again.

Comment

You're welcome !

Today i got feedback from the administration that the QA team successfully created&mounted multisession Blu-ray MDX images with current versions of DT lite & Ultra.
            So there's no general problem - but sometimes multisession burning methods of SA recorders result in problematic discs.

For whatever was the reason: i would prefer building a new single-session image in any case.

btw. where exactly is/was your MDX image stored/located ?
            Last edited by Terramex; 04.02.2014, 20:26.

Comment

Working...
            X