Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Lite/Pro Problem on Windows 8.1

Hi,

I used Daemon Tools Lite for 3 years just to play one game, I was first on Windows 7, then Windows 8 and since the update to Windows 8.1, it keeps displaying: "Emulator Detected, Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software."

Oh and by the way, since that update, I saw that in Advanced settings, all the boxes were grayed out, so I checked my STPD version, and it was written that it was not installed...

So I installed another version with STPD 1.84, and after that, the boxes in Advanced Settings were not grayed out anymore, so I checked all boxes, then I started the game, and still keeping telling me: "Emulator Detected, Please desactivate virtual drive and emulation software."

So after that I tried installing Daemon Tools Pro 5.4 and STPD 1.86, and still keeping displaying the same message, so I checked the Advanced settings, and they were grayed out again...

Tried many things for at least 4 hours and still not able to start that game..
    Can someone help me?
    Thanks!

Hallo, and welcome to the forums

It's recommended to uninstall DAEMON Tools and SPTD before an OS upgrade: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f26/how...llation-24934/

Have you already tried to completely uninstall SPTD ?
    If nothing helps you maybe have to perform this procedure: Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Please also attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).

btw. which game is it ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hi, thanks and another thanks for the replying so quickly!

I saw the post about "How to avoid problems after Windows upgrade installation", but it was already too late...

If I've read this before, I'd never update to Windows 8.1...

So yeah, I just tried to completely uninstall SPTD, but still the boxes in Advanced settings remains grayed out...

This was all done with Daemon Tools Pro 5.4.0.0377, is it normal that on Daemon Tools Lite with SPTD 1.84, the boxes in advanced settings aren't grayed out?

Since the procedure you showed me has not been created while on Windows 8, I tried to do the best I could, but I think, still, I did this correctly, and still displaying: "Emulator Detected, Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software."

Am I supposed to re-install SPTD 1.86 now? (Last time the boxes in Advanced settings remained grayed out and so I still had the same message when lauching the game: "Emulator Detected, Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software."

Also, what do you mean by "attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file", I'm sorry, it's pretty new for me since I've never had this kind of problems before...

The game is Guitar Hero 3.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Sorry, i forgot to mention one important detail regarding the advanced options
        As long as there's no virtual SCSI/IDE device active these options are greyed out by default.
        Having said that: the advanced options won't help with your current problem anyway

If Guitar Hero 3 doesn't work in a virtual SCSI device (of DT lite or Pro) you have to try the IDE device of the Pro version.
        If the IDE device doesn't work as well please attach the IDE device to your real drive - then try again: http://daemonpro-help.com/en/general...-content_qtabs

btw. DT devices can't handle copy protections like New Securom (as used in Guitar Hero) - and i guess you've used such a device.

For the moment forget about the Autoruns arn file.
        Last edited by Terramex; 04.02.2014, 21:38.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
        X