Bad block error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad block error

I have successfully made three disc images with DAEMON Tools Lite. I then tried to make an image of some more discs, these ended in this error "Operation hit a ECC/EDC bad (recoverable) block (1228)" or something like that. I've tried every solution I could think of, reinstalling, using different formats, trying it on different computers, etc.

ANY help would be appreciated.

PS. One other question I have is, is there any preference between using the .MDX format or the .ISO format? What are the differences between the two? Are there any advantages of either?

Thanks!

Unfortunately the lite version of DAEMON Tools doesn't offer an option to skip bad sectors.
    You have to use either DAEMON Tools Pro/Ultra, or for example the free Alcohol 52% FE.

The ISO format has several limitations; e.g. only one track/session possible.
    MDS and MDX can hold additional information; e.g. bad block map, topology information, layer break, etc.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Unfortunately the lite version of DAEMON Tools doesn't offer an option to skip bad sectors.
      You have to use either DAEMON Tools Pro/Ultra, or for example the free Alcohol 52% FE.

The ISO format has several limitations; e.g. only one track/session possible.
      MDS and MDX can hold additional information; e.g. bad block map, topology information, layer break, etc.
      Thanks for the reply. I tried the Trial version of DAEMON Tools Ultra and got the same error. Is there something I have to configure?

And about .ISO vs .MDX, would .MDX be better for game discs? I'm only using this so I can play some of my PC games without their discs.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X