Cannot Autostart Daemon Tools with Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Autostart Daemon Tools with Windows

I am not able to configure Daemon Tools Lite 4 to autostart with Windows.

I have checked the relevant option in the GUI, which adds an entry to the registry / HKCU for "DTLite.exe -autorun". After rebooting, Daemon Tools isn't running. I tried autostarting it from the Startup group without success. If I remove the autorun parameter, the program is automatically started showing the image management dialog, but is closed after a couple seconds.

I do not have any antiviruses installed. No error dialog is shown when DT is closed: it just disappears, and most likely closes itself.

If executed manually, with or without the autostart parameter, DTLite.exe always runs (either minimized or showing the dialog), but not automatically by the system.

System: Windows XP SP3

This problem appears to be quite old.

Which DT lite version exactly ?
    Do you have administrative privileges ?
    When checking Use tray agent & Autostart in Preferences: does the Tray icon appear ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I received this machine with 4.40..., when I noticed this problem, reinstalled 4.47.1.0335, then the latest 4.48.1.0347, which did not fix it. When I manually launch the program, the agent icon shows up, I can always remove and enable it by ticking "Use tray agent".

After full reboot, DTLite.exe process isn't running, and there is no icon. I am logging on to an Administrator account.

Comment

Is there any error/warning/information in Windows Event Viewer (Windows logs->Application and/or System) at the time at which the management dialog disappears ?

Please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
        the official support team with reference to this thread.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I rebooted just now, and in the event log I see messages about the default system services and the network starting up. The error is from 2 days ago and relates to a Windows Installer application.

My autoruns are quite clean. Mdiction.exe is a little tray icon, which does show up, as well as does Ati Tray Tools.

I apologize for this system being in Russian, and often times difficult to read.

The tray icon is important for unmounting images and a quick overview of what "discs" have been inserted.

Comment

It seems the post containing my Autoruns ARN log disappeared. Another curious observation I made was that after Log Out - Log In DTLite.exe remained running, but not after a reboot.

On another XP machine I just installed a similar way, DTLite runs fine. So it's nothing to do with paths or drive letters, or the OS, because all those are the same on the new PC.

Anyway, I resolved the problem by installing Daemon Tools 3.47, which isn't as pretty but does the job.

Comment

Working...
            X