Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAMON Tool uninstall

Hi,
    I had installed DT Lite on my Laptop. Obviously I did some wrong steps and the program stopped working. I tried to uninstall and after that install it again few times with no success. After that I followed the manual uninstallation following the link Removing DAEMON Tools Lite manually | daemon-help.com. I did everything step by step. When I tried to uninstall DAEMON Tools Virtual bus from “Device manager” it appeared to be impossible. In addition I have many “Other devices” with “exclamation mark” means something wrong. Please help me to clear or fix all bad remaining from the DT Lite and to install a new one.
    The machine is Lenovo 1141-JGG with Win 7 on it.
    Thanks in advance.
    PS
    While trying different actions antivirus soft was deactivated.

Hallo, and welcome to the forums.
    Please try to manually delete upper/lower filter entries as described here (Resolution):
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP/7/8/8.1).

If that alone doesn't solve the issue, again try to uninstall DT lite manually as described here: Removing DAEMON Tools Lite manually | daemon-help.com

If still present delete this regkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\dtsoftbus01
    Reboot, and also delete C:\ProgramData\DAEMON Tools Lite.

What exactly do you mean by "appeared to be impossible" ?
    Last edited by Terramex; 24.06.2014, 15:23.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

daemon tools lite wont open, close, uninstall, or re-install

Hi, maybe you can help me

for the last month or so I have been unable to open DTL or it's desktop widget. When I try to uninstall it, it tells me that DTL is still open. So I use ctrl-alt-dlt and look at my processes and sure enough it's still running but when I right click and try to end the process/the process tree it wont work

I've tried deleting DTL manually, I've tried using the uninstall application, I've tried using windows task manager, I've even tried re-installing DTL over my old DTL but nothing works

Do you have any ideas?

Comment

Which OS and DAEMON Tools version ?
        Already tried the manual procedure in Windows safe mode ?
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Since I can't get things to work except to make 2 ISO files, I will probably be back to this thread to make sure I can uninstall. My problem thread still has not been posted by the moderator which is very discouraging and frustrating.

Comment

Working...
          X