Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New Hardware Found" on every boot

Hi All,
    I'm using DT Light version 4.46 with SPTD 1.83 on WinXP Home. Every time I boot my machine and/or when I first mount an image file I get the "found new hardware...unknown device...." and am subsequently ask to install the driver/software. Apart from that everything works OK using a DT device, however, when I install a virtual SCSI device it says there was an error and I can't mount any images (not that I am sure what the difference between DT and a SCSI is). If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.
    Peter

Are you using any security software?
    If so, which one(s) ?

Regarding the difference between DT and SCSI devices: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f14/whe...79/#post144872
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hi Terramex,
      Thanks for replying. I have found a workaround for the time being. I located the the *.INF file for generic CDROMs in "C:\WINDOWS\inf" and it accepted the driver. I'm using Avast as my virus program but think it may be something else causing the problem. The computer is a spare computer I just grabbed off my sister as she was throwing it out. It's running windows XP sp3 so I suspect this may have something to do with it as there has been a couple other strange things happening. But I will turn my virus program off if it happens again to see if it makes any difference. I will follow your link now to read up on DT vs SCSI.

Comment

Working...
      X