Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stuck on several questions and I can't move on until I answer them

Hello everyone,

This is my first time using DAEMON Tools forum and I would like to ask you several questions that I haven't found them answered yet. First of all I would like to inform you that I'm an absolute beginner when we are referring to using DAEMON Tools... So here we go:

I would like to create disc images of some game and software CDs/DVDs but I'm wondering what options I have for pick from the list: when it comes to creating disc image I'm always sticking to your guide but
    Question 1: What reading speed () should I pick in order to create the perfect disc image ? I have read that slower takes longer but reduces the risk of errors in the imaging process so I think the slower the better... Correct me If I'm wrong !
    Question 2: What type of file () should I save my disc image as when It comes to:
    2.1 games ?
    2.2 software ?
    Question 3: Are there any differences in the quality of the created disc image when using Lite or any of the other DAEMON Tools products ?
    Question 4: How can I see that a disc is protected and If so how can I "remove" its protection in order to create image of this disc ?
    Question 5: Is the procedure of creating disc image of protected discs the same as your guide ?

I would like to request a moderator or a person who is absolutely sure to answer my questions !

Thanks in advance for your attention !

1st attachment: Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	193564
    2nd attachment: Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	193565

Comment

Further to question 2:
      2.1 games ?
      software for example:
      2.2 a computer dictionary ?
      2.3 an audiobook containing mp3 tracks of each chapter ?

Comment

Newbie here so can't help but I'm also interested in your Q 1 & 2; disappointing that you have not gotten a response. Did you get answers somewhere else?

Comment

Q1: slowest speed.

Q2: for games use .mdx or .mds & for software you can use any format.

Q3: no difference in quality, see this link Compare DAEMON Tools products.

Q4: you can use software from either; CD Media World - CD/DVD Utilities (most of the software is old) or from ProtectionID (seems to be up-to-date).

Q5: same method.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X