Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-Cops v1.55 #5103 protected CD-ROM

Hello everyone,

I bought this today and decided to make a backup copy of its CD-ROM using DAEMON Toos Lite. Unfortunately when I mount the newly created *.MDX/*.MDS/*.ISO file and run the .EXE file of the programme I get the following message. It seems that this is a copy protected CD-ROM and CD-Cops is the name of its copy protection... Any ideas on what I should do in order to back up this CD-ROM successfully WITHOUT damaging it ? Last but not least I would also like to ask you what reading speed I should pick in order to create the PERFECT disc image and what type of file I should save my disc image as ? I have read that slower takes longer but reduces the risk of errors in the imaging process so I think the slower the better... Correct me If I am wrong !

I would like to request a MODERATOR to answer my questions !

Thanks in advance for your attention !

DAEMON Toos Lite is not capable of creating a working backup image.
    You need to use DAEMON Tools Pro/Ultra with CD/DVD Cops profile.

As it's a CD-ROM you should set a low DPM reading speed.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      DAEMON Toos Lite is not capable of creating a working backup image.
      You need to use DAEMON Tools Pro/Ultra with CD/DVD Cops profile.

As it's a CD-ROM you should set a low DPM reading speed.
      I tried again to make a backup copy of this CD-ROM but this time I used DAEMON Tools Ultra 3. I used the lowest reading and DPM speed possible BUT unfortunately when I mount the newly created *.MDX file and run the .EXE file of the programme I get the same message over and over again... It seems that CD-Cops is a very tough protection since DAEMON Tools CANNOT break it... Any ideas on what I should do in order to back up this CD-ROM successfully WITHOUT damaging it ?

Comment

What kind of virtual drive do you mount the image to ?
        A DT drive won't work. Please try SCSI or IDE (only DT Pro/Ultra) instead.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Good idea Terramex, I didn't even think it being created properly but then being mounted to a previously installed or added basic virtual drive.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            What kind of virtual drive do you mount the image to ?
            A DT drive won't work. Please try SCSI or IDE (only DT Pro/Ultra) instead.
            Terramex, YOU ARE AWESOME !!!

First I tried with SCSI/IDE emulation BUT it didn't work out and I got the following error message. Then I tried with SCSI/IDE emulation + attach to physical device option AND it worked !!! It worked like a charm !!!
            THANK YOU VERY MUCH MATE I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP !!! Several questions came to my mind:
            First of all am I doing everything right when it comes to making disc image - 1, 2 and mounting disc image respectively - 1, 2 ? Am I missing or doing anything wrong in both of these procedures ? Could you please explain me what is the difference between attaching media priority - Physical device/Virtual device ? I think I should pick Physical device from the list but correct me If I am wrong.
            Second of all what is the difference between DVD Region 1, 2 etc. and how can I know which one of them I am supposed to select ?
            Third of all I would like to ask you whether I will be able to use SCSI/IDE emulation + attach to physical device option when the license of my DAEMON Tools Ultra 3 trial version expires ? And If not can I simulate attach to physical device option (make it in another way than it is selected in DAEMON Tools Ultra 3) on DAEMON Tools Lite 4 ? I am asking you this because I know that DAEMON Tools Lite 4 supports mounting disc image to SCSI drive.
            Last but not least I would like to ask you If I buy DAEMON Tools Ultra 3 will I be able to use its license key on its newer versions - update the programme using the same license key OR when I buy it I buy the license key for its current version for example at the moment it is 3.0.0.0309 and I am not able to use it on its newer versions ?

I would be very grateful If you could answer all my questions !!!
            Last edited by b_n3gativ3; 23.01.2015, 08:00.

Comment

Sorry for the late answer b_n3gativ3,
              the last while i got and still get ambulatory treatment every day, so i'm online very irregularly.
              I'm no (support)team member, so please get in contact with the official Sales support team.

btw. you are awesome because you found the working solution on your own
              Last edited by Terramex; 28.01.2015, 19:20.

Comment

Working...
              X