• Show
Clear All

• Sims 2 Problem

Operating System: Windows 98
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hello,
    Whenever I try to run The Sims 2 with an image loaded by Daemon Tools, it says to please insert the correct cd-rom, press OK, and restart the application. I have tried 3 different images, and this setup works just fine on another Windows 2000 computer I have. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Does Sims 2 even support Win9x?

What program(s) and setting(s) did you use to create the images?
    Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

It installs just fine. So I don't think the images are the problem. The images for the first 2 cd's are ISO's, and I'm not sure what program they were made with. The second 2 are MDS/MDF files made with Alcohol.

I think the Sims 2 is designed to work under win98 because it installs correctly, but that could be it.

Comment

The Alcohol MDS/MDF images should work then, is there any difference in error messages between Alcohol images and the real CDs?

Doom 3 is known not to support Win9x without hacking, so if even the original CD doesn't work I'd say it must be due 1.) the copyprotection requires NT and/or 2.) the actual game requires NT.
        Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

Thanks for your help. Do you know where I could get such a hack? You can email me at dt@jamesn.endjunk.com if you want.

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP2 DirectX 9.0c
            Burning Software: Nero (latest)
            Anti-virus Software: HouseCall (online)

Sims2 works fine under Win98
            What mini image are you using ? I use IND's mini virtual disc (170 KBytes) and it works great (no need for the complete CD1 image).
            Ciro Alfredo Consentino
            Emu Loader - Powerful M.A.M.E. Frontend
            http://www.mameworld.net/emuloader

Comment

Operating System: XP SP2
              Burning Software: Nero, Alcohol
              Anti-virus Software: NAV 2004

I know this thread was a bit old but....

I have been having the same problems as a few people with new software & this is what I have found out.

Sims 2. This will not work using a copy (using Alcohol & DPM) read from the original & mounted in DT. It reports that you must use the original CD. Burn the same image to a CDRW using RMPS and it will work fine. It seems that the copy protection can tell where the original file is coming from, possibly speed of seek times etc.

I now have a CDR inside my Sims 2 box & play from that disc.

Comment

The sims 2

Operating System: Winxp
                Burning Software: Nero,Alcohol,Clone cd,clone dvd2,blindwrite
                Anti-virus Software: NAV2005

Hi,
                when it comes out I installed the sims 2 on my pc. I have played with it for more time using daemon tools. From some days it says me to insert the cd/dvd because it has been found emulator. I have recently installed toca race driver 2 that show me the same window I read with the sims 2 now.
                What's happened? :|
                In this moment toca is not installed because I cannot detach cd/dvd burners.

Thank you,
                bye.

Comment

Working...
                X