Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT Pro Adv 6.1 stopped working and is now corrupt despite reinstall...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Pro Adv 6.1 stopped working and is now corrupt despite reinstall...

It worked fine for over a year with no problems.
    It worked fine a month ago when I last used it.

now, however, the virtual device I had (IDE) has no drive letter.
    I couldn't re-assign a drive letter.
    I can't add new devices at all.

The only things that have changed in the past month are Windows Updates.

I completely uninstalled DT Pro, completely uninstalled SPTD. rebooted, cleaned out %temp% and %windir%\Temp

DT Pro & SPTD reinstalled with no problems.

rebooted.

however I can't add ANY devices to DT Pro...

so I uninstalled again, cleaned temps again, rebooted, ran windows' system file checker, rebooted, reinstalled DT Pro & SPTD

adding a DT Virtual Drive just makes the sound you get when a device is connected then disconnected
    adding SCSI device fails with error "DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 8184"
    adding an IDE device just fails/hangs and when you click on it windows makes the sound you hear when you are clicking on an unfocussed window that can't be focused (and thus has to be terminated via task manager)

the following entry was generated during testing:
    Code:
    Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Application Error
    Date:          2015-03-07 15:52:22
    Event ID:      1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      SLAVE
    Description:
    Faulting application name: DiscSoftBusService.exe, version: 6.1.0.484, time stamp: 0x54f09b0f
    Faulting module name: VDriveLib.dll, version: 6.1.0.484, time stamp: 0x54f09af8
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000001a0a
    Faulting process id: 0x1204
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d05918372e2beb
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Pro\DiscSoftBusService.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Pro\VDriveLib.dll

any ideas?

are there any logs I can look through for more information?

NOTE: Upon reboot 2 DT virtual drives appeared
    however, now when attempting to add an IDE Virtual Drive i get the same error to the one stated about when trying to add a SCSI drive, "DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 8194" (the 8184 before was a typo).
    Last edited by drivetheory; 07.03.2015, 22:54.

Comment

after multiple installs, reboots and reinstalls it seems SCSI and IDE functionality is broken.

if i do not attempt to add either SCSI or IDE devices I can add/remove DT virtual devices with no problem.
      (virtual IDE is important, I've archived all my games to MDF images over the years so...)

I'm presuming something is breaking involving SPTD?
      Last edited by drivetheory; 07.03.2015, 23:29.

Comment

UPDATE:

I uninstalled 6.1 and installed an old copy of DT Pro Adv. 5.5 and it works fine.

However the second I install v6.1 it's back to malfunctioning again...

Also when v6.1 goes to install the device Windows pops up the traditional new device detected windows but DT Pro Adv. never finishes and sits (hangs) with the "Adding virtual device" popup window open...

SPTD 1.87 in use and seems to be functioning fine(?)
        Last edited by drivetheory; 08.03.2015, 10:46.

Comment

- Uninstall DT Pro 6.1
          - Uninstall SPTD using this tool and reboot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mz1shhczc...dremov.7z?dl=0
          - delete the folders C:\ProgramData\DAEMON Tools Pro and C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\DAEMON Tools Pro
          - if you had installed DT lite on that system before also C:\ProgramData\DAEMON Tools Lite and C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\DAEMON Tools Lite
          - Install DT Pro 6.1 and check SCSI/IDE device functionalty

If the SPTD driver can't be installed at all now use the SPTD remover again (without uninstalling DT Pro), reboot, and execute the SPTD installer in the DT Pro directory corresponding to your OS.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thank you Terramex, the problem has been solved.

Not sure if the culprit was the %ProgramData% or %AppData% contents or SPTD but I'll definitely keep hold of that SPTD Removal Tool for future use (hopefully I'll never need it).

Thanks again.

Comment

My pleasure!
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

it happened again.....

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                  - Uninstall DT Pro 6.1
                  - Uninstall SPTD using this tool and reboot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mz1shhczc...dremov.7z?dl=0
                  - delete the folders C:\ProgramData\DAEMON Tools Pro and C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\DAEMON Tools Pro
                  - if you had installed DT lite on that system before also C:\ProgramData\DAEMON Tools Lite and C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\DAEMON Tools Lite
                  - Install DT Pro 6.1 and check SCSI/IDE device functionalty

If the SPTD driver can't be installed at all now use the SPTD remover again (without uninstalling DT Pro), reboot, and execute the SPTD installer in the DT Pro directory corresponding to your OS.
                  not working this time... am also looking into an event log entry about cdrom.sys driver failing to load... curious this issue occurring... I don't use any persistent optical drives except for the one DT makes.. and it also seems that windows can't load my USB optical drive now as well, same error as DT, driver fails to install...

will post back after further troubleshooting

Comment

Please try to manually delete upper/lower filter entries as described here (Resolution):
                    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP/7/8/8.1).

Comment

that's precisely what I was doing as "further troubleshooting" which seems to have potentially solved the problem...

Code:
                      "LowerFilters"=hex(7):50,00,78,00,48,00,6c,00,70,00,61,00,36,00,34,00,00,00,69,\
                        00,61,00,53,00,74,00,6f,00,72,00,46,00,00,00,00,00
                      PxHlpa64 (Corel Paintshop Pro)
                      iaStorF (Intel Rapid Storage)

Code:
                      "UpperFilters"=hex(7):47,00,45,00,41,00,52,00,41,00,73,00,70,00,69,00,57,00,44,\
                        00,4d,00,00,00,00,00
                      GEARAspiWDM (GEAR Software Inc., seems to come with iTunes)

EDIT:
                      deleting the Upper Filters entry (GEARAspiWDM) solved the problem
                      Last edited by drivetheory; 09.06.2015, 22:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X