Create Disk Image Bad Block Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Disk Image Bad Block Error

I would like to create a disk images of homeschool DVD’s to use on a road trip on laptop which does not have an internal optical drive. These are new disks which play successfully in an older standard DVD player (not Blu-ray) and function with additional menus to play each movie classroom session.

I downloaded DT6Pro. When trying to create a disk image, I got the error, "Read operation had hit a ECC/EDC bad (recoverable) block (4508)" on multiple disks. I was told by Damian Tools support that, “Some disc protections use bad blocks imitation to protect discs from copying.”

Following their suggestions, I lowered the read speed to the lowest setting. I also changed from .iso to .mdx to access "Ignore error and add sector to bad block map" or "Ignore error and generate content options."

After changing settings, I tried to create a disk image again and got the same error, "Read operation had hit a ECC/EDC bad (recoverable) block (4508)." I tried the Ignore block error settings both ways. Is it possible to recover a recoverable block? Is there anything else I can try?

DT Pro is suited for Data discs, not for encrypted Video discs.
    If you're talking about encrypted Video DVDs DT Pro is not the right way to go - at least not DT Pro alone.
    You can try to run AnyDVD or Wookao (free) in the background to do the decryption.
    When using AnyDVD/Wookao it may be necessary to uninstall the SPTD driver (if installed).
    Last edited by Terramex; 18.03.2015, 08:54.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
    X