DT Lite 5.0.1.0407 Windows 10 Cannot Locate CD-ROM Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Lite 5.0.1.0407 Windows 10 Cannot Locate CD-ROM Error

Running Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 Evaluation Copy mounted Command and Conquer Generals Mini Image and try to run game but gives cannot find
    CD-ROM error, this image works perfectly on Windows 7 and 8.1. (DT Lite) Tried mounting as Virtual drive and SCSI
    with same error. Tried changing drive letters with same problem. Any ideas? TIA.

Hi.

Can you share with screenshot?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ss1 general Mini Image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	193576
      I hope this helps
      Thanks for the reply

Comment

Hello,

Did you try reproduce the problem with latest DAEMON Tools Lite 10 ? - https://www.disc-soft.com/rus/products/dtLite
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
          Hello,

Did you try reproduce the problem with latest DAEMON Tools Lite 10 ? - https://www.disc-soft.com/rus/products/dtLite
          Not yet. Do I have to buy another copy or can I use my previously purchased licence ?

Comment

@ian.t.white
            Does the physical disc pass the check ?
            Maybe there's a general problem with the Safedisc copy protection in Windows 10.
            At least the Macrovision Security driver isn't present in Windows 10.

P.S.: it should only work in a SCSI device - not in a DT device
            Last edited by Terramex; 01.06.2015, 14:56.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Update: only after i read about this Win Vista/7/8 update, i become aware of the fact that Windows 10 dropped Safedisc (& SecuROM) support

One workaround for Win 10 is to sign a secdrv.sys of any NT 6.x OS with the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider tool.
              Another is to start the secdrv service manually in an elevated command prompt every time you start a Safedisc title.
              Last edited by Terramex; 28.09.2015, 09:54.
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
              X