• Show
Clear All

• Error msg

Operating System: Windows XP Proffessional
    Burning Software: Nero 5
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47.0.0

When i tried to run daemon tools i got this error message:

"The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\daemon.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

I know I havnt tried to uninstall it, but Daemon Tools does not appear in the add/remove software list.

I tried to reinstall DT but it seems the old version is not being removed...

"Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system. Please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of software using same names."

So i cant uninstall or reinstall DT, its driving me nuts!! Appreciate any help you can offer, thanks.

Signum

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove Daemon Tools manually. Reboot after the procedure. Then try to re-install v3.47.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Ok followed the instructions to remove the software manually, which enabled me to reinstall DT (almost) successfully - i had two blue screens of death appear once as installation was completed, and then again when i was prompted to restart my computer (2nd time lucky). The problem was:

"PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" and to do with SCSIPORT.SYS

Anyway i figured if i restarted my comp it might be ok as it seems DT managed to install itself properly, but when I try to run it i get the error message:

"No language support detected!"

I guess it didnt install properly afterall.

Anyone know whats causing the blue screen and how I can stop it from happening?

Thanks

Comment

Check thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS in common problems and solutions forum.
        If it still fails after removal check if you've minidump in Windows\Minidump folder related to that BSOD and send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.

Comment

That seems to have nailed it on the head, I had no idea what Starforce is or what it was doing on my computer!? Anyway used the removal tool and installed DT correctly with no BSOD. After that everything worked fine.

Thanks for the help. :P

Comment

Obviously you've some game(s) installed protected by Starforce :idea:

Comment

Working...
            X