Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECC/EDC bad (recoverable) block (824)

Hi guys,

I've been creating images of my old games discs as a backup. Not to mention it's way easier having an image than digging out old discs.

The first game I ran into a problem with was Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. Disc 1 burned no problem with IMGBurn, but Disc 2 gave me L-EC Uncorrectable Error. After 20 attempts it would fail. The guys at IMGBurn said this was due to copyright protection. I checked Daemon Tools database and there it was... SafeDisc protection. Google also mentioned only Disc 2 as having the protection.

I loaded up Daemon Tools Lite and went to create image, putting the speed at 4x just in case of any problems. Well Daemon Tools also failed...

This is what I got:

Code:
    Read operation had hit a ECC/EDC bad (recoverable) block (824)
    Disc imaging failed.

Elapsed time:  00:00:49
    I thought Daemon Tools had no problems with SecuROM or SafeDisc?

Well I kept googling and I found a thread on this forum with someone saying Alcohol 52/120% could handle my issue.

So I got it, left all settings default. The post I read said it has to read 10000 disc read errors before it can create the image. The guy said it would take 30 minutes...

It took in total 1:49:20 to do this 800mb disc. That is ridiculous! It only started working after 7775 disc read errors.

Yes it worked. I installed the game, tested it, plays fine. Can't complain there.

But is this really a common issue with SafeDisc? Nearly 2 hours to remove the protection?

Why cant Daemon Tools do this anymore?

Thanks guys

Please take a look here: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/dis...42/#post144992

P.S.: the lite Version isn't capable oft creating Safedisc images
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Good day,

The Pro version is capable to work with disc protections - Creating an image | DAEMON Pro Help (extra tab)as well as DTUltra. The latest DTLite 10 is also work with it, but this option must be paid.
      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

I guess I was confusing the emulation SafeDisc settings with actually removing the protection itself when creating an image.

I already have Alcohol 120% version which can remove SafeDisc, but can Daemon Tools Pro do it faster? 2 hours to remove the protection stinks...

Comment

Please follow the link in my previous post.
          There you'll find the "fastdump" method which you can try with either Alcohol or DT Pro.
          Last edited by Terramex; 01.06.2015, 16:18.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            Please follow the link in my previous post.
            There you'll find the "fastdump" method which you can try with either Alcohol or DT Pro.
            http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/hel...12/#post130143
            Where is this fastdump method in Alcohol?

The only things I see related to SafeDisc are in Data type setting and DVD type setting. It lets me choose disc choice 'SafeDisk.'

Comment

The BAD sectors emulation option in Alcohol can be found under Options/Emulation/Extra Emulation

As mentioned in the linked thread:
              - activate the Safedisc/Bad sector emulation option in DT Pro or Alcohol
              - start Safedisc protected game with the original disc
              - exit the game
              - immediately start image creation with DT Pro or Alcohol

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                The BAD sectors emulation option in Alcohol can be found under Options/Emulation/Extra Emulation

As mentioned in the linked thread:
                - activate the Safedisc/Bad sector emulation option in DT Pro or Alcohol
                - start Safedisc protected game with the original disc
                - exit the game
                - immediately start image creation with DT Pro or Alcohol
                So you actually have to go through the process of installing and then running the game before you can even create an image? That kind of sucks.

I do not have this emulation option you speak of. Perhaps it's because I use the portable version of Alcohol. When I launch the program, it tells me emulation options will not be available.

Comment

Originally Posted by KILL View Post
                  So you actually have to go through the process of installing and then running the game before you can even create an image?
                  If you want to use the (unofficial & non-standard) fastdump-method, yes.
                  Otherwise you have to be patient because your optical drive unfortunately is very poor in that discipline
                  Last edited by Terramex; 10.06.2015, 09:48.

Comment

Working...
                  X