• Show
Clear All

• System hangs during DT 3.47 installation

Operating System: Windows XP italian - Service Pack 2
    Burning Software: none
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hi,

since I applied SP2 to my Windows XP I haven't been able to install DT any more. I got version 3.47 and run the installer, but the PC shuts down spontaneously during the installation. The system seems to reboot normally, except for a consistency check on my C: drive and a yellow exclamation mark in front of the "PnP BIOS extension" device on the Device manager. Beside of this the system works normally after this aborted installation, and there is no trace of the DT on the system tray.

What could be the cause?

Best regards
    Filippo

Check if you've minidump in Windows\Minidump folder related to that crash, send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Unfortunately, there seems not to be any minidump file with today's date. This is probably due to the fact that I have disabled many Windows XP services to optimize the system performances, including the service that generates the minidump files.

I've also given a look at the events log, but nothing related to Daemon Tools appears in the list.

Well, I'll restore the disabled services and try again to install, let's see if I can get a minidump file.

Thanks for the support!
      Filippo

Comment

Working...
      X