PDA

View Full Version : DTLite Command Line Not Working



BKujero
19.06.2015, 00:21
Hi,

Could anyone help me with what is wrong here.

I installed DTLite 10 on Windows 2008 but the command line does not work as expected. Every command just launches the GUI

For example:

DTLite.exe -get_count
DTLite.exe -mount, F, "C:\Test.vhd"
DTLite.exe -help

all of the above and any other always result in the same thing, which is launch DTLite window.

I have also tried these on my Windows 8 PC and it is the same thing.

Terramex
19.06.2015, 07:01
Hallo, and welcome to the forums.
Please follow this link: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/what-happened-command-line-support-36633/

BKujero
19.06.2015, 10:48
Hallo, and welcome to the forums.
Please follow this link: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/what-happened-command-line-support-36633/

Thanks Terramex, I already followed the thread before and there was no difference except with the -help switch

I tried the all following with no success:

DTLite.exe -get_count
DTLite.exe -mount, F, "C:\Test.vhd"
DTLite.exe -mount dt, F, "C:\Test.vhd"

DTAgent.exe -get_count
DTAgent.exe -mount, F, "C:\Test.vhd"
DTAgent.exe -mount dt, F, "C:\Test.vhd"

Terramex
19.06.2015, 12:28
I've just tested again and no problems in my case :confused:
Only tried mounting&unmounting though.


DTAgent.exe -mount dt, M, E:\test.iso

BKujero
19.06.2015, 21:08
Thanks Terramex.

Do you mind doing a remote session to my system via Teamviewer sometime?

BKujero
20.06.2015, 12:34
Thanks all, its finally working.

I uninstalled DTLite 10, installed DTLite 5 which worked very well in command window, though with DTLite.exe not DTAgent.exe.

I then uninstalled DTLite 5 and installed back DTLite 10 and DTAgent.exe started working fine in command window.

This behaviour is quite strange to me. If it had played out on only one system, in one environment, then I would have said the problem was probably from the system. But it actually did the same on a Windows Server 2008 64 bit in the office and then on a Windows 8 PC at home. Both were separately installed directly on-line and not with same installer file lest it be that their was a corruption from that.

I really now don't know if uninstalling and reinstalling DTLite 10 initially would have corrected the problem or if it is the installation of DTLite 5 in between that resolved the issue.

The bottom line is that it is now working.

Thanks again everyone.