• Show
Clear All

• Error 1705

Operating System: Windows XP Home
    Burning Software: Nero Burning Rom Ver 6.3.1.17 INCD Ver 4.3.0.5
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Anti Virus Ver 9.05.15
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.17.0.0

When trying to uninstall deamon tools I get the error 1705
    Aprevious version for this program is in progress.
    you must undo the changes made by that installation to continue.
    Do you want to continue ? yes no
    If I choose yes I get ths BSOD with a memory dump error.
    Please help me

Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, and from our download section get the .msi for v3.17 installed on your system. Install the CleanUp Utility, run it, select Daemon Tools in the installations list, remove the damaged Daemon Tools installation; point to v3.17 .msi if needed.
    Reboot after the procedure. Check threads about error 25002, problems during uninstallation, and remaining drives in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers completely; ensure stlth317.sys is removed.
    Reboot, then install v3.47.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, and from our download section get the .msi for v3.17 installed on your system. Install the CleanUp Utility, run it, select Daemon Tools in the installations list, remove the damaged Daemon Tools installation; point to v3.17 .msi if needed.
      Reboot after the procedure. Check threads about error 25002, problems during uninstallation, and remaining drives in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers completely; ensure stlth317.sys is removed.
      Thanks I did as you suggested and had no trouble uninstalling 3.17 and installing 3.47.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
        Did not work for me. I do get the Error 1705, but when I try to install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, then I get the Error 1704. It is kind of the same thing. I could not find "stlth317.sys" in a search, any idea of where that file could be located? And is there more files to delete?

Comment

Depends on the version you want to remove, if it's v3.47 check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum.
          You can try this tool (on your own risk) to get rid of error 1704.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
          X