• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Driver SCSI Not Detected

Operating System: Windows 2000 - All service packs
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Panda Platinum
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I tried o install for first time Daemon tools.I got v3.47.
    just before installing finished i got a blue screen that tells about my physical memory and reboots by itself.
    afte rebooting a daemon desktop icon appears.Clicking on it i got the message "virtual Driver SCSI not detected"
    I updated or removed Starforce drivers but nothing happened
    I'm sending u my minidump

thnx a lot :wink:

Seems you didn't remove Starforce drivers, your minidumps show them still in system! Remove them (really), then try again.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thnx my friend...i was REALLY removed them now,and all its ok

Comment

same problem!

Operating System: xp
        Burning Software: dvd decrypter, roxio easy cd and dvd creator 6
        Anti-virus Software: norton, but always disabled
        DAEMON Tools Version: latest (can't check, won't work!)

hi, I'm having the EXACT same problem as this fellow, only it restarts with blue screen after it has asked me to restart after installing.

then it asks me how i want to restart, and unless I choose last known good configuration, it just loops with the blue screen and restarting to choose startup.

However, I do not have any starforce drivers. I checked in the hidden devices, and there were none there, but I do not know how to access minidump.

Any help is much appreciated!

Comment

Have you nevertheless tried the starforce driver remover?
          Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

I can't actually seem to find one, all th links I have come across are no longer functioning.

Comment

Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that crash. If so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.

Comment

the only file in C:\WINNT\Minidump is from October, even though I uninstalled and the same thing happened again.

Comment

another interesting bit of information:

the same thing just happened when I tried to install alcohol, albeit without the blue screen or scsi message, but it did bring me to the choose startup with last good configuration screen.

I've read that starforce does this with both programs, however, when I ran the clean tool, it said it could not find any protection drivers to remove.

also from my reading, it seems that the problems from both alcohol and daemon mean I have a problem mounting virtual drives, which is what starforce prevents, but as I said, the tool couldn't find them.

I'm all out of options!

Comment

Operating System: windows xp
                    Burning Software: Nero 6
                    Anti-virus Software: none
                    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I installed it and restarted it.
                    But it crashes and i cant log in expect when i start in safety mode or load preferences from an older date. it says virtual scsi driver not detected, too.
                    I realy upset because i can do what i want but it wont work!!
                    i ran starforce remover and did anything expect formating ....
                    is there no patch to solve this problem with the scsi driver?????

and dont say i just have to reinstall or anything like that....

Comment

The problem is the crash, not the message! Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that crash. If so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.

Comment

something different

Operating System: XP
                        Burning Software: NERO, ALcohol 120%
                        Anti-virus Software: Avast
                        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46/47

Hi! I have the "no language support detected file". So I browsed the forum here, and one guy had just installed an older version of DD-tools (3.46) without uninstalling 3.47, and then he didnt get the error anymore.
                        I tried this, and I didnt get a "no language support detected file"-error.
                        BUT I got an other error:
                        "Virtual SCSI driver not detected".
                        As this topic is about.
                        But the difference here, is that I never got that blue screen when installing wich everyone talking about. I completed the installing (the old version 3.46) without problems.
                        So how can I fix this problem?

Comment

Your minidumps show Starforce drivers as the cause, check thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS in common problems and solutions forum.

Comment

thx so much. Ive got the problem fixed now I think. However, there are another problem.. And that is about the Virtual driver thing. I know there is a thread about it on the common bugs forum , but I didnt understand a thing. ( I am not a PC genius). Ive got a NEC DVD RW ND-2500A which is a cd/DVD burner AND a cdrom.
                            In "My computer" , the device is in two "parts" :
                            F: DVD Drive
                            And
                            E: DVD-RW Drive

But in the D-tool "virtual CD/DVD-ROM" menu, I can only find the F:
                            And I when I for example put a game cd in my drive, its on E: which is not in D-tool.So I cant use the D-tool fully (I think). If I change to for example 3 virtual drives on D-tool, Its only coming up non-excisting drivers like G: , J:, I:, and stuff like that.

So can someone please help me?

Comment

Your NEC drive is in one part only - E:
                              The virtual drive D-Tools created is F:

Manual on how to use D-Tools here:
                              Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

Working...
                              X