• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having problems with REAL CD-ROM

Operating System: winXP
    Burning Software: none
    Anti-virus Software: zone alarm
    DAEMON Tools Version: uninstalled (most current)

I was wondering maybe if any of you could help me out.

My CD-RW drive was working perfectly then i installed daemon tools and now when i insert a disc in the drive my computer either freezes or reboots itself.

I've tried disabling the virtua drive and uninstalling daemon tools but im still getting the same error. Re-checked all the IDE and jumpers and even replaced the IDE2 cable that goes onto the drive. All my drives are in CS mode on seperate cables.

I've heard ppl had this problem before, but never found an answer on how to fix it. Help please?

*edit* i get this error trying to read LEGIT discs or burned discs, and this problem happened 5 minutes after i installed daemon tools. so must be a connection ><

Check if you've minidump in Windows\Minidump folder related to that crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Dump shows crash in vsdatant.sys, try to un-install ZoneAlarm and check.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thanks,

i tried to uninstall and it gives me "Cannot find DLL" errors, so obviously something isnt right. And i cant seem to uninstall zone alarm now, guess i might have to reformat

Comment

Working...
        X