DAEMON Tools Lite v10.2.0 (with SPTD 1.87) and NHL 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON Tools Lite v10.2.0 (with SPTD 1.87) and NHL 2002

I've had a MDX backup image of NHL 2002 for years now, and it's always played fine using DT Lite (the previous versions that is). With the newer versions of the software, its no longer the case; I can mount the disc, run the setup, install the game, but when I try to run the program it does absolutely nothing!. All the files are where their suppose to be but it just won't run. I'm using Windows Vista 32-bit with the latest Windows updates and Hardware drivers and have tried different compatibility settings with the shortcut, but I get the same result every time.

If I purchase DT Lite will this fix the problem for me?, or is this game blacklisted and will no longer work no matter what?. I had created the image when I purchased DT Standard several years ago, but now I just use DT Lite.

Extra information: The drive order is C: (O.S.), D: (Partition), E: (E: for the DT Virtual Image). I do not have an optical drive, because I never replaced the one that died.
    Last edited by Zeolites; 20.12.2015, 22:00.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zeolites View Post
      If I purchase DT Lite will this fix the problem for me?
      That won't make a difference.
      Are you using a DT or a SCSI device ?

The last version it worked was which one
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hello Terramex,
        All I do is mount the image which adds it as BD-ROM Drive, mounting as SCSI will not work, it produces an error which says: Unable to add Virtual device.
        I don't remember the exact version that it worked with, I normally keep the same version for several months without updating it. I just recently removed any backup of DT's older versions from my devices, so I couldn't tell you which one unfortunately.

Comment

As a first measure to use a SCSI device you can try this:
          Please try to manually delete upper/lower filter entries (if present) as described here (Resolution):
          The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10).
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            As a first measure to use a SCSI device you can try this:
            Please try to manually delete upper/lower filter entries (if present) as described here (Resolution):
            The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10).
            Thanks for the information, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Okay, I created a System Restore point and removed the Upper and Lower Filters from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. I then restarted my system and tried once again to mount an image as a SCSI, but I still get the same error message.

Comment

Is SPTD correctly installed ?

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
                the official support team with reference to this thread.
                Last edited by Terramex; 28.12.2015, 14:39.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                  Is SPTD correctly installed ?

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
                  the official support team with reference to this thread.
                  Here's some pics to show whats installed, could Microsoft iSCSI Initiator be the culprit?.

Comment

Working...
                  X