Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with making perfect images of games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with making perfect images of games...

I have been testing all of the software out there and cant seem to make a perfect 1:1 copy of my games. I dont know if it is my cd burner or the discs i am using. I have a samsung burner and i am using maxwell cds for my blanks cdr-s. So i was wondering if anyone out there could help me with this stuff. Thank you very much.

could you post the EXACT model please. ALso, try using alcohol 120 or ******** to burn the cd. And what cd are you trying to burn?

Comment

The model number for my cd-burner is a Samsung CDRW/DVD-SM332B. It is an all in one cd burner. I am currently using alcohol 120%, i made some images for the games that i wanted to back up, i ran them and they ran fine. But then when i tried to burn it onto a blank disc, then the program froze. I am trying to back up my medal of honor allied assult and spearhead. I am using maxell cd-r 700 MB. I hope this is enough info for you.

Comment

I have also tried to use game jack but it makes my computer freeze and restart. The makers say there is an update coming out but i havent seen it yet.

Comment

does it freeze if you try simulation? also disable any background stuff like antivirus and firewall. do you or have you every had easy cd?

Comment

I have not tried to close all of my background programs, ill try that. But why does the image work fine but then the disc i just burned not work. I turned all of the emulation stuff off and it still works fine. Is my image a 1:1 copy? Is my burner good to do these kind of things? What blank CD-Rs should i use? I have easy cd creator, but it wont work with maxell cdrs. Should I try a different brand? If you could help me that would be great.

Comment

first off, easy cd is evil, and you should not use it; uninstall it!
              if the image works with d-tools (no emulation);
              INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
              then it is probably 1:1. goto www.gamecopyworld.com and lookup the copy protection. perhaps something is messed up with your burner or windows? try maybe uninstaling some things.

Comment

Thanks, ill uninstall somethings and try it out again. Ill let you know if i am still having the same problems. Thank you.

Comment

If I were to remove easy cd do you think that it would fix my problem that I am having?

Comment

Easy CD Creator leaves many files on your system although you deinstall it so it's not at all said that deinstalling it will solve your problems. But it will definitely be a good start to get a clean system

Sergei
                    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Where should i start? What programs conflict with burning and reading cds?

Comment

I only know about Easy Coaster Creator for sure...

Comment

Thanks.......What blank cd-r do you prefer to burn with? Do you know for what reason it conflicts with burner, im just wondering.

Comment

If I can afford them, I'm using

TDK CD-R80 - Speed-X Up to 48x
                            It's the TDK reference medium, costs about 0,70 here in germany.

Otherwise - the cheapest I get

Sergei

Comment

Thanks.......I uninstalled roxio, and tried using TDK discs, and still not working.

Comment

Working...
                              X