• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Blue Screens after installing DT347 on new machine

Operating System: Windows XP SP1
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

This is a new machine built to be a DVD Jukebox. The is very little software loaded. NVidia chipset drivers, ATI graphics drivers, Power DVD, Meedio, Girder, and drivers for the Firefly remote.

I'm getting random blue screens. It's usually when I'm watching a DVD which is mounted using Daemon Tools from an ISO. I don't believe it has ever crashed when there isn't a dvd ISO mounted. The error says IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Sometimes it points to the d347bus.sys driver, and sometimes there is no driver listed.

Please let me know if I should email the minidumps.

Please send them to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread (unpacked or RAR-packed).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

All your minidumps indeed show random crashes - d347 is shown in minidump when it reads file from UDF file system and UDF crashes inside.
      Please send us full system specs too: motherboard, CPU, all CDROMs and where they are attached.
      Also try to uninstall some of these DVD programs to check if it has effect,
      and especially your remote drivers.

Comment

Same Problem here

Operating System: Windows XP SP2 [build 5.1.2600]
        Burning Software: Nero 6.6.0.0
        Anti-virus Software: Norton AntiVirus 2004

Hi!

I've the same problem I suppose. Built a new machine recently and I'm getting random crashes with bluescreens too. Sometimes PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA sometimes IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with d347bus.sys.
        I'd just be happy to know if it's the daemon tools or something else that crashes the pc.

My Config:
        -Mainboard: Asus A8V Deluxe Rev. 2
        -CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester core)
        -RAM: 1 GB Corsair DualChannel DDR-RAM
        -VGA: MSI GeForce FX5600 128 MB
        -HDD0: WD Caviar1200BB 120 GB
        -HDD1: IBM IC35L040 40 GB

All latest drivers (AMD, VIA, nVidia etc.) are installed and Nero & CloneCD virtual drives are disabled.
        I already checked the RAM with MemTest 86 through 5 passes with no errors found and verified with IBM Drive Fitness Test, that harddisks are ok.

Please help me, or at least tell me - if you can - wether it's a problem with daemon tools or something else because I need the pc for work and I never know when next BSOD will appear

follows: WinDebug bugcheck analysis of last minidump:
        Code:
        *******************************************************************************
        *                                                                             *
        *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
        *                                                                             *
        *******************************************************************************

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
        Invalid system memory was referenced.  This cannot be protected by try-except,
        it must be protected by a Probe.  Typically the address is just plain bad or it
        is pointing at freed memory.
        Arguments:
        Arg1: f3b80d58, memory referenced.
        Arg2: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
        Arg3: f7502862, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
        	address.
        Arg4: 00000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
        ------------------

Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS:  f3b80d58 

FAULTING_IP: 
        d347bus+d862
        f7502862 c9               leave

MM_INTERNAL_CODE:  0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x50

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from 00000000 to f7502862

STACK_TEXT:  
        f3b80d58 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 d347bus+0xd862

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
        d347bus+d862
        f7502862 c9               leave

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  0

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

SYMBOL_NAME:  d347bus+d862

MODULE_NAME:  d347bus

IMAGE_NAME:  d347bus.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4128a01d

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

BUCKET_ID:  0x50_d347bus+d862

Followup: MachineOwner

Comment

Please send us minidump for analysis to support@daemon-tools.cc :idea:
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

possible solution completely different

Hi again!

A few days after my last post I uninstalled Daemon Tools to see wether the bluescreens will be gone then. A few hours later crashes with BSODs returned. This time not connected to error messages concerning the d347bus.sys file but almost everything else.

After 2 days of extensive search for faulty drivers, reading log files, analyzing dumps and debug infos I gave up totally frustrated and reinstalled the (1 week old) system again. I also updated the BIOS and only installed a few absolutely necessary drivers and no daemon tools.

It ran fine and I had the idea of reviewing the BIOS settings and fine-tune from default to specific values for my system. Among some minor changes I also activated Cool'n'Quiet in BIOS...

so far so good...

Back again in Windows I switched the power management to 'Minimal Power Management' to activate the Cool'n'Quiet feature.

BANG!

Just a few minutes after that bluescreens returned. I tested on and they kept coming, randomly it seemed. After switching the Windows XP power management back to default 'Desktop' setting I could not reproduce a bluescreen until now.

Long story short: I must apologize to have stolen your time as the crashes I thought had something to do with Daemon Tools now seem to have a totally - and most confusing - different origin. There really seems to be a problem in the constellation of Asus A8V Rev. 2, AMD Cool'n'Quiet and the Windows XP SP2 Power Management.

I'm deeply sorry as all former BSODs mentioned d347bus.sys I thought it must be the Daemon Tools but now it seems I've been proven wrong.

I regret that I did not recognize that earlier and thank you a lot for your help! The Daemon Tools is the best virtual drives suite there is, keep things up and good luck for the future

Comment

no prob and great you let us know of your further investigation, if only all
              users would be so helpfull!! Thx again for your report!

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP SP1
                Burning Software: Nero ?version?
                Anti-virus Software: not sure

A friend of mine just sent me a full memory dump to look over. He seems to be getting the same BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I don't have his full specs right, but I will post them all tomorrow.

What I know so far:
                Motherboard: MSI SiS 648 MAX
                Processor: Intel P4 2.4GHz 533FSB
                Memory: GEiL 512MB PC3200
                Daemon Tools: 3.47

Tomorrow I'll get the rest of the info from him and maybe some additional details. He says it happens at random. If you guys want to see the full dump yourself, I will ftp it to my site so you can d/l it (512MB, lil too big for email).

Comment

Working...
                X