PDA

View Full Version : Burnig a Virtual CD

Sjark
01.11.2004, 16:13
Hei, if i am use'ing deamon tools to open a image file, and have turned the safedisc emulation on, does the safedisc go away if i copy the disc over to a real cd??

OlivierFromFrance
01.11.2004, 17:53
Safedisc emulation is normally done for CD only (which when burnt are not as good as original one) because Image files should normally be perfect (when generated properlly) .

If you burn your image with a good software (alcohol 120% for example), safedisc emulation will go on to work with your backup .

Next time you shall create "perfect image" with Alcohol or Blindwrite or CloneCD .

Olivier

Sjark
01.11.2004, 17:58
Safedisc emulation is normally done for CD only (which when burnt are not as good as original one) because Image files should normally be perfect (when generated properlly) .

If you burn your image with a good software (alcohol 120% for example), safedisc emulation will go on to work with your backup .

Next time you shall create "perfect image" with Alcohol or Blindwrite or CloneCD .

Olivier

I have alcohol 120%, does the safedisc copy protection go away if i burn it out with alcohol?? Does the game work without a crack, when i use the burnt cd??

OlivierFromFrance
01.11.2004, 22:21
I have alcohol 120%, does the safedisc copy protection go away if i burn it out with alcohol?? Does the game work without a crack, when i use the burnt cd??

I'm going to answer to safedisc 2/3 (not 1 as it is very old) :
- If your burner is very good for weak sectors writing (which is part of the safedisc 2/3 protection) (these burners are called sometimes 2 or 3 sheeps)
- If the image has been created by Alcohol with safedisc 2/3 protection profile from the original cd .

The game should work without crack in a cd/dvd reader, not a cd/dvd writer.

Note that as safedisc 2/3 protection has been improved a lot, there is a big risk that your backup will not work (it really depends on your cd writer, the exact version of safedisc 2/3, the cd reader used) .

You shall first try with a CDRW, check also in the safedisc 2/3 profile (in data type settings), the two writing modes : "bypass EFM error" selected or not, some cd writer are better without it, some not.

Note that Alcohol will never remove any protection but create a backup as close as possible to the original .

Olivier

Sjark
02.11.2004, 20:11

I'm going to answer to safedisc 2/3 (not 1 as it is very old) :
- If your burner is very good for weak sectors writing (which is part of the safedisc 2/3 protection) (these burners are called sometimes 2 or 3 sheeps)
- If the image has been created by Alcohol with safedisc 2/3 protection profile from the original cd .

The game should work without crack in a cd/dvd reader, not a cd/dvd writer.

Note that as safedisc 2/3 protection has been improved a lot, there is a big risk that your backup will not work (it really depends on your cd writer, the exact version of safedisc 2/3, the cd reader used) .

You shall first try with a CDRW, check also in the safedisc 2/3 profile (in data type settings), the two writing modes : "bypass EFM error" selected or not, some cd writer are better without it, some not.

Note that Alcohol will never remove any protection but create a backup as close as possible to the original .

Olivier

Daemon Tools can remove copy protections, but that is only when i am mounting with that program, but if i am mounting an image with daemon tools, and then use nero to copy the cd, will the protection go away then??

OlivierFromFrance
02.11.2004, 20:32
DAEMON TOOLS cannot remove protections, it can emulates (from the backup) them (securom through RMPS data, safedisc except 3.x (I'm not exactly certain if 2.9 can be emulated or not) .

A good image doesn't need any emulation as DAEMON TOOLS (although DAEMON TOOLS itself emulates the behaviour of a cd/dvd reader).

NERO is not a good software for protected DVD .

There is a big chance that a backup done by NERO will result in a cd not detected as an "original" one by the protection detector .

What can happens is that some usefull data will not be written (or badly written) by NERO .

If you want to go on with an image file, you can use NERO to backup the image files (for example .mdf and .mds) and mount them later .

Olivier