Burnig a Virtual CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnig a Virtual CD

Hei, if i am use'ing deamon tools to open a image file, and have turned the safedisc emulation on, does the safedisc go away if i copy the disc over to a real cd??

Safedisc emulation is normally done for CD only (which when burnt are not as good as original one) because Image files should normally be perfect (when generated properlly) .

If you burn your image with a good software (alcohol 120% for example), safedisc emulation will go on to work with your backup .

Next time you shall create "perfect image" with Alcohol or Blindwrite or CloneCD .

Olivier

Comment

Originally Posted by OlivierFromFrance
      Safedisc emulation is normally done for CD only (which when burnt are not as good as original one) because Image files should normally be perfect (when generated properlly) .

If you burn your image with a good software (alcohol 120% for example), safedisc emulation will go on to work with your backup .

Next time you shall create "perfect image" with Alcohol or Blindwrite or CloneCD .

Olivier
      I have alcohol 120%, does the safedisc copy protection go away if i burn it out with alcohol?? Does the game work without a crack, when i use the burnt cd??

Comment

I have alcohol 120%, does the safedisc copy protection go away if i burn it out with alcohol?? Does the game work without a crack, when i use the burnt cd??
        I'm going to answer to safedisc 2/3 (not 1 as it is very old) :
        - If your burner is very good for weak sectors writing (which is part of the safedisc 2/3 protection) (these burners are called sometimes 2 or 3 sheeps)
        - If the image has been created by Alcohol with safedisc 2/3 protection profile from the original cd .

The game should work without crack in a cd/dvd reader, not a cd/dvd writer.

Note that as safedisc 2/3 protection has been improved a lot, there is a big risk that your backup will not work (it really depends on your cd writer, the exact version of safedisc 2/3, the cd reader used) .

You shall first try with a CDRW, check also in the safedisc 2/3 profile (in data type settings), the two writing modes : "bypass EFM error" selected or not, some cd writer are better without it, some not.

Note that Alcohol will never remove any protection but create a backup as close as possible to the original .

Olivier

Comment

Originally Posted by OlivierFromFrance
          I'm going to answer to safedisc 2/3 (not 1 as it is very old) :
          - If your burner is very good for weak sectors writing (which is part of the safedisc 2/3 protection) (these burners are called sometimes 2 or 3 sheeps)
          - If the image has been created by Alcohol with safedisc 2/3 protection profile from the original cd .

The game should work without crack in a cd/dvd reader, not a cd/dvd writer.

Note that as safedisc 2/3 protection has been improved a lot, there is a big risk that your backup will not work (it really depends on your cd writer, the exact version of safedisc 2/3, the cd reader used) .

You shall first try with a CDRW, check also in the safedisc 2/3 profile (in data type settings), the two writing modes : "bypass EFM error" selected or not, some cd writer are better without it, some not.

Note that Alcohol will never remove any protection but create a backup as close as possible to the original .

Olivier
          Daemon Tools can remove copy protections, but that is only when i am mounting with that program, but if i am mounting an image with daemon tools, and then use nero to copy the cd, will the protection go away then??

Comment

DAEMON TOOLS cannot remove protections, it can emulates (from the backup) them (securom through RMPS data, safedisc except 3.x (I'm not exactly certain if 2.9 can be emulated or not) .

A good image doesn't need any emulation as DAEMON TOOLS (although DAEMON TOOLS itself emulates the behaviour of a cd/dvd reader).

NERO is not a good software for protected DVD .

There is a big chance that a backup done by NERO will result in a cd not detected as an "original" one by the protection detector .

What can happens is that some usefull data will not be written (or badly written) by NERO .

If you want to go on with an image file, you can use NERO to backup the image files (for example .mdf and .mds) and mount them later .

Olivier

Comment

Working...
            X