windows xp upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows xp upgrade

I upgraded to windows xp and my daemon tools does not work anymore. When I try to reinstall I get the error - "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." Then I get ERROR 1714. Also, I cannot uninstall my original installation. Thanks in advance.

Of course it will not work as WindowsXP is absolutely different OS that needs defferent driver and it does not know how to get one. You must completely uninstall Daemon from Control Panel (it would be much better if you did it before upgrading to XP). If it asks for some MSI (which was destroyed by 'clever' XP upgrade) then you must point it to old MSI which you installed from. After you get rid of daemon you can reinstall it again in XP.

Comment

Could you please tell me the registry entry's to delete. I can't uninstall from the control panel. :cry:

Comment

There is no MSI file anymore after you upgrade. I dont know how to get rid of it now.

Sean

Comment

This is pure bug of XP setup which destroys old MSI file. You must uninstall Daemon from Control Panel. It may ask you for some MSI file - you must point it to EXACTLY same msi you install from. If you don't have it anymore - you will have to find/download it again. After you uninstalled OLD version you can run setup again and install same or newer version of Daemon in XP. Daemon cannot survive upgrade of OS, because new OS requires different driver.

Comment

I can't find my old msi. Can you tell me how to manually uninstall daemon tools? I love this proggy and can't find anything as good. Thanks again, I'm still trying.

Comment

What version of D-Tools do/did you have?

Comment

I installed D-tools about 2 months ago, I think it might be v3.23. I've tried to install v3.23 in order to replace the msi so I can use it to uninstall but that didn't work. I was able to get the msi on my computer but the uninstall tool did not recognize it as a valid msi. I have my settings on administrative so I don't think it's an access problem. Indeed though, when I upgraded to xp, the daemon.msi was erased by the process. Now I'm totally stuck, and you've gone and released a newer version which I'm dying to run!

Comment

Sorry, I think I used v3.2.

Comment

Download D-TOols 3.20/3.23 again:
                    DT 3.23
                    DT 3.20

When you run it, click extract, and then click no to the run setup option. THen when you uninstall d-tools from control panel, browse to the folder daemon-tools was extracted to (temp folder).

Comment

I have the same problem, but worse my version of Daemon Tools is 2.60. I've tried the obvious change of URL but the file does not exist. Is there any way I can uninstall this so that I can upgrade?

TIA

--
                      Peter

Comment

Send me a mail under swenske@daemon-tools.com and I'll send you this version.

Comment

Solve my own problem with the help of Google, thanks anyway

--
                          Peter

Comment

Sweet :lol: I got the right version and poof, all gone. Time to get that latest build! Thanks so much everyone.

Comment

Not I ... =) lol .... someone give me a hand

Comment

Working...
                              X