• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error code 2352

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: .
    Anti-virus Software: McAfee
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

The installer has encountered an unexpeced error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2352.

Error is above.

According to Microsoft:
    Error 2352:
    Could not initialize cabinet file server. The required file 'CABINET.DLL' may be missing.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Do you know how i can fix this? or should i download an earlier version

Comment

Ok, no other versions install.

Help needed and appreciated. :P

Comment

Been told to fix, i need to format. Is this right?

Comment

Try to delete/rename cabinet.dll and replace it with backup from dllcache folder (in Windows\System32 directory).
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Try to run sfc /scannow and have your Windows CD ready - this should fix it.
              Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

haha, guys i amnt very good with comps, i appreciate your help and would be very greatful if you could provide a step-by-step to fix this cabinet.dll

Thanks

PS. Daemon tools (newest version) will not open although installed, fault?
                I need it to extract some files, my WinRar will not do it correctly, i heard i need daemon tools to extract the files properly.

Comment

Click Start->Run
                  Type "cmd.exe"

A command-line window opens.

In the black command window type "sfc /purgecache" and then "sfc /scannow" with your Windows CD in the drive and it will fix the cabinet.dll problem.
                  Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

my computer is emachines. With it i got 2 restore CDs which have everything on it. When i put either disk in, it says it is not the correct disk for windows xp home edition. Another solution?

Comment

You could ask emachines for a real Windows CD, since you had paid for Windows XP Home then you are entitled for the original media.

Some OEMs will mail you the disc ofr free if you just ask, some others might be more stubborn.

Another option would be to borrow somebody's Windows XP Home CD and then run the SFC command.

Comment

Working...
                      X