Immortal:Children of the Nile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immortal:Children of the Nile

does any one know what kind of protecition it has or how to make it work?

Google says it would be SecuROM, please check with A-ray scanner from http://www.aray-software.com/ and post results here.
    Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

08:37:17 AM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [8.33s] ---

this is what i got from aray scanner..... nothin!..... it doesn't tell me anything..... anyone here can help?.....

Comment

Scan both the installation CD(s) and the directory the game is installed to.
        Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

THanks... i got it.... it was SecuROM 5.03.06.0094..... but then the new Daemont tools wont work.... can anyone here can make it work,..... please

Comment

As far as I know it blacklists the miniport driver (it attaches a copy of the file to the scan report it generates) It does so by unpacking a series of DLL's into the temp folder SInf**.dll (** = 16,32,NT) and then using them queries the drive information.

I was unable to intercept the dll calls using a dummy dll -it seems to verify the authenticity (well... duh ), but if you don't have them already i can post the codes it sends to DeviceIOControl (the NT ver), as well as some other info i gathered.

Comment

aXnCorp: I recommend you simply play from the original CD and wait for the new Daemon version.

Mayday: the SInf*.dll is also copied to system32\drivers and set to start on boot-up as system level drivers, they can be removed from device manager -> non-plug and play devices.

That's why the games protected by SecuROM require Administrator privileges - if the SecuROM protection is removed they can be run as normal user and from virtual drives.

Comment

Working...
              X