Half Life 2 : Securom blacklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life 2 : Securom blacklist

HL2 (box version) reports a "conflict with cd emulator", just like Tribes Vengeance.

Looks like it is blacklisted :evil:

what is the protection ?
    if it a safedisc 3.20 or under.. blacklist : nero roxio and clonecd v4 and under

Comment

Does the box version need the CD for verification? I can't really see the point of that, since it has to be verified on-line anyway. I've downloaded and paid it via Steam myself, so no such problem for me.

Comment

it's SecuROM 5.03.06.0002. Scanned with A-Ray Scanner.

Comment

so you must wait next realised of daemon in order to don t have this message... and think to upgrades the other programs

Comment

Originally Posted by AG3
            Does the box version need the CD for verification? I can't really see the point of that, since it has to be verified on-line anyway. I've downloaded and paid it via Steam myself, so no such problem for me.
            Well i don't see the point too; maybe we should send a mail to Vivendi...
            Maybe they though "If you don't want to loose your trousers, just put girdle AND straps" :mrgreen:

Comment

So how long do you think will it take till Deamon Tools will be released with SecuRom 5 "support"?
              Or are there any other CD/DVD-Emulators which don't get detected by HL2?

Comment

everything you need is in there!

Comment

everything you need is in there!
                  Well.. yes and no.

YES because the regedit trick works perfectly, just one click away from happiness.. ..

NO because this trick has to be done manually after each reboot; and i coun't manage to write a script for this.. The post written by ShellShock using the REGINI tool does not work... i'll post something about that !

Comment

You can use subinacl to script this.

Create a batch file with the following command and put it in your startup dir.

"C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\subinacl" /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\S CSI Port 2" /deny=administrators=r

I'm using XP, but this should work on 2K. The " are important.
                    You'll probably need to DL subinacl. It can be found here:

This 'hack' seems to work for other securom games (like Battlefront), so this is definately goodness =)

Comment

This is a quote from Dimensio on Steampowered.com when trying to bypass the game protection:

I didn't care for it, because it disables the AI and gives an annoying "Node graph out of date..." message every time a map is loaded. Oh, and the "Aux Power" meter is always visible and always red, even when full.
                      just like those exploding M.C.V.'s from command and conquer red alert 2. So you might want to load some games fully and play them before thinking the emulation is working.

Comment

I wouldn't trust anything on those forums - remember that rumors they spread about a trojanized HL2 they "released"?

From what I've read there are at least two pirate copies of the game circulating and both work fine - even completely without Steam that was impossible according to SP forums.
                        Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

We're not actually hacking the game. All we're doing is keeping securom from detecting if the cd is mounted on a virtual cdrom drive. The game files are unchanged and steam is perfectly functional: playability/stability would be unaffected. I can confirm this. I played the entire game this way and didn't experience any issues.

I agree with JariK regarding info coming from the steam forums. They have a very vested interest in distributing as much misinformation/fear as possible regarding bypassing steam/securom.

Comment

I got Half-Life 2 to work 8)

1..install DAEMON Tools and BlindWrite 5
                            2..make iso with BlindWrite 5
                            3..Emulator with DAEMON Tools
                            4..and run regedit.exe and change the driver to atapi

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1]
                            "Driver"="atapi"
                            [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2]
                            "Driver"="atapi"
                            [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 3]
                            "Driver"="atapi"

and then starte i the game

i made a regedit file i can run after windows hav starte

Comment

Wolfdogs suggestion works just great ...

Thx Wolfdog...

Comment

Working...
                              X