Backup of Wavelab 4 CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup of Wavelab 4 CD

I am trying since 2 months to make a backup of my original wavelab 4 cd but without success.

(Until now i could copy every program 100% sucessfully - even securom 4.84.00.0039 - or safedisc 2.8 with my cd drives/burners - own several different of them...)

Did anyone try it ? (I did already stop in counting my coasters...)

I did examine the original cd and found out that it has something to to with a delay of sector reading, but not like Securom 4.84 with fixed delay - the density is changing - so also the delays - from 0.0 - to 1 second !

To the details:
    The density change starts at 179000 up to 179982 - where the density gets that high that it is totally unreadable till 183614 from where the
    density changes back to normal till sector 185450.

Back to program details: over this area is a dummy file called
    wavelab.dat - dumping the reading commands (with a sector access logger) - shows that it reads
    on 2 points (only a few sectors) before unreadable ring and on 2 points after unreadable ring. (again a few sectors)
    always the second point before and after the ring gives immense time delay due to
    correcting positioning of increased density - afterwards its starts reading
    "backward" from 185450 to 183614 in 16sector blocks - but jumping always 8 sectors closer to 183614 - with the fact that the reading of each block takes a little bit longer than the preread block!

After about 4-10 seconds (depends on cd reader) it had checked time delays.
    But it looks that the time delays have to be relative - because i tested
    it on my first very very old cd writer hp 4020i - where the checks even
    took about 90 seconds - but finally even work there !

Since Alcohol and BWA builder works on a CD without errors in timing measurement - both tools stops due to much errors in this unreadable area - is there a way to get around this?

Btw i have a little bit disassembled code (of installation routine) and found out that this is probably a prototype or subversion of securom v5.

Maybe someone can help me or give me some hints how to solve this
    or examine this further - maybe with some facts for further tools development.

Thanks BiT

Maybe someone has a :idea: to this checks

This seems to be same protection as used in Robin Hood, New World Order and other games. It is already analyzed and will soon be fully supported.

Comment

Working...
    X