Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time but eager!

Hello!
    well this is the first time I've tried to back up a game and to start I've chosen GTA3, just cause I want to play it :P

A few question:

1- Do I understant correctly that if the CD is copied correctly there is no use for "cracks"?

2- Image files can replace the CD when mounted in virtual drives... so does that mean the image has to be made with a drive that copies 1:1...?

So far I've not yet got it to work for GTA...
    I create an image using alcohol 120% with the safedisk settings. I have a samsung drive that is not 1:1 so I've tried with both that and my pioneer dvd dirve that is.

I end up with two files (when I scan for sub codes I believe.. been working on this most the day so forgive my vaguness :roll: ... got bless days at work) an MDF and a MDS... am I correct in thinking that one is somesort of copy of the protection...

When I try both of these in Daemon I still get asked to insert Audio CD.

Am I missing something????

a final question just for curiosity, would it not be possible to remove the protection from the install disk image, so the the exe on the hard drive doesn't check?

anyways thanks for any help and info. I give credit to use guys for working alll this stuff out in the first place!

for gta you'll need securom NEW, not safedisc profile if i recall correctly...
    Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Hmmm well when I use Clonyxxl it seems to think that it's Svaedisk 2.51...
      Are you certain? It's GTA3 not vice city

Comment

gta3 or gta vice city are protected by securom

Comment

Nope, GTA3 is protected by SD2, GTA3-VC is protected by SecuROM.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thought so...

Comment

Working...
            X