Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Securom 5.* protected games with Daemon Tool 3.47 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securom 5.* protected games with Daemon Tool 3.47 :)

Sorry for my bad English... :p

So, from this moment you can mount and play Securom 5 protected games with Daemon Tools

All you must to do is:

1. Run "regedit"

2. Find following entrys in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\SCSI Port 2
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\d347prt
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\P CI\d347prt
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    last key must contain - \0000\InfPath "pnpscsi.inf"

3. Then rightclick on each entry, then click on "Permission..." and set "Deny" on System`s "Read" option.

4. Go to the Windows dir and make file called "daemon.bak" and set "Read only" and "System" attributes on it. This will stop securom from removing RMPS emulation and Daemon Tools from system

Thats all!

This trick works under WinXP only But it works!!! ))

PS: blindwrite autoplay must be installed.
    PPS: If you unsure how to do all these things dont do that!!!

Hi,

I doesn't find "\0000\InfPath "pnpscsi.inf"" and when i try to start the game from steam i doesn't get the error "emulator blabla" but the game doesn't start :cry:

So please help me.. :oops:

Comment

Comment

???

Comment

Ah ok, I did not see the image...

i try

Comment

I don't have subfolder under "{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" :|

Comment

lets try to find "pnpscsi.inf"

Comment

hi, what do u mean with :and set "Read only" and "System" attributes on it.?

why blindwrite autoplay must be installed?
                what options(RMPS,Securom?) do i need in daemon-tools to let the game (hl2) work?

cya vms

Comment

hi, what do u mean with :and set "Read only" and " System " attributes on it.?

why blindwrite autoplay must be installed?

cya vms
                  I mean that you must set these attributes for "daemon.bak" and nothing else. If you dont know what is file attributes, please search with google for it. Blindwrite autoplay must be installed in case if you making backup of protected with Securom5 DVD game.

And remember If you unsure how to do all these things dont do that!!!

Comment

ok, i did all the things!
                    the question with the daemon.bak attributes,was just ,because i dont have the system option so i had to do it with command shell and set: attrib +s
                    +r c:\windows\daemon.bak

But the mounting stiil doesnґt work , i still get the message :Conflict with disc emulator software detected!

I have a Alcohol 120% image from hl2 from my brothers DVD!
                    And i mount it with daemon tools and still get this message!

So what can i do, what are ur daemon tools option????

thx for help!

cya vms01

Comment

Thank you _id_, I tested this method on Windows 2003 and XP SP2 and both work, nice job!
                      Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

Originally Posted by vms01
                        ok, i did all the things!
                        the question with the daemon.bak attributes,was just ,because i dont have the system option so i had to do it with command shell and set: attrib +s
                        +r c:\windows\daemon.bak

But the mounting stiil doesnґt work , i still get the message :Conflict with disc emulator software detected!

I have a Alcohol 120% image from hl2 from my brothers DVD!
                        And i mount it with daemon tools and still get this message!

So what can i do, what are ur daemon tools option????

thx for help!

cya vms01
                        I think Alcohol 120% image will not work. Try to make image with latest BlindWrite.

Comment

and the daemon tools option? (what emulation should be on: Securom? Rmps?)

cya vms01

Comment

Originally Posted by vms01
                            and the daemon tools option? (what emulation should be on: Securom? Rmps?)

cya vms01
                            I think nothing, but BlindWrite autoplay must be installed for emulation.

Comment

hmmm. doesnґt work!

1: installed blindwrite and after that the blindwrite autoplay plugin. What can i do with the autoplay plugin??

2: When i enable the "Deny Read " option in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\SCSI Port 2
                              and restart my computer the Option is disabled!, Why?

3: Should the daemon.bak be empty? 0 kb?

4: What do u mean with it wonґt work with alcohol 120% image?

thx for ur help!!

Comment

Working...
                              X