PDA

View Full Version : Securom 5.* protected games with Daemon Tool 3.47 :)

_id_
19.11.2004, 08:47
Sorry for my bad English... :p

So, from this moment you can mount and play Securom 5 protected games with Daemon Tools :)

All you must to do is:

1. Run "regedit"

2. Find following entrys in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\SCSI Port 2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\d347prt
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\P CI\d347prt
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
last key must contain - \0000\InfPath "pnpscsi.inf"

3. Then rightclick on each entry, then click on "Permission..." and set "Deny" on System`s "Read" option.

4. Go to the Windows dir and make file called "daemon.bak" and set "Read only" and "System" attributes on it. This will stop securom from removing RMPS emulation and Daemon Tools from system :)

Thats all!

This trick works under WinXP only :( But it works!!! :)))

PS: blindwrite autoplay must be installed.
PPS: If you unsure how to do all these things dont do that!!!

iscream4icecream
19.11.2004, 10:40
Hi,

I doesn't find "\0000\InfPath "pnpscsi.inf"" and when i try to start the game from steam i doesn't get the error "emulator blabla" but the game doesn't start :cry:

So please help me.. :oops:

_id_
19.11.2004, 11:08
http://trash--id.front.ru/registry.jpg

iscream4icecream
19.11.2004, 11:12
???

iscream4icecream
19.11.2004, 11:14
Ah ok, I did not see the image...

i try

iscream4icecream
19.11.2004, 11:17
I don't have subfolder under "{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" :|

_id_
19.11.2004, 11:25
lets try to find "pnpscsi.inf"

vms01
19.11.2004, 12:03
hi, what do u mean with :and set "Read only" and "System" attributes on it.?

why blindwrite autoplay must be installed?
what options(RMPS,Securom?) do i need in daemon-tools to let the game (hl2) work?

cya vms

_id_
19.11.2004, 12:21
hi, what do u mean with :and set "Read only" and " System " attributes on it.?

why blindwrite autoplay must be installed?

cya vms

I mean that you must set these attributes for "daemon.bak" and nothing else. If you dont know what is file attributes, please search with google for it. Blindwrite autoplay must be installed in case if you making backup of protected with Securom5 DVD game.

And remember If you unsure how to do all these things dont do that!!!

vms01
19.11.2004, 12:51
ok, i did all the things!
the question with the daemon.bak attributes,was just ,because i dont have the system option so i had to do it with command shell and set: attrib +s
+r c:\windows\daemon.bak

But the mounting stiil doesnґt work , i still get the message :Conflict with disc emulator software detected!

I have a Alcohol 120% image from hl2 from my brothers DVD!
And i mount it with daemon tools and still get this message!

So what can i do, what are ur daemon tools option????

thx for help!

cya vms01

JariK-Tietomedia
19.11.2004, 12:54
Thank you _id_, I tested this method on Windows 2003 and XP SP2 and both work, nice job!

_id_
19.11.2004, 12:58
ok, i did all the things!
the question with the daemon.bak attributes,was just ,because i dont have the system option so i had to do it with command shell and set: attrib +s
+r c:\windows\daemon.bak

But the mounting stiil doesnґt work , i still get the message :Conflict with disc emulator software detected!

I have a Alcohol 120% image from hl2 from my brothers DVD!
And i mount it with daemon tools and still get this message!

So what can i do, what are ur daemon tools option????

thx for help!

cya vms01

I think Alcohol 120% image will not work. Try to make image with latest BlindWrite.

vms01
19.11.2004, 13:03
and the daemon tools option? (what emulation should be on: Securom? Rmps?)

cya vms01

_id_
19.11.2004, 13:08
and the daemon tools option? (what emulation should be on: Securom? Rmps?)

cya vms01

I think nothing, but BlindWrite autoplay must be installed for emulation.

vms01
19.11.2004, 13:51
hmmm. doesnґt work!

1: installed blindwrite and after that the blindwrite autoplay plugin. What can i do with the autoplay plugin??

2: When i enable the "Deny Read " option in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\SCSI Port 2
and restart my computer the Option is disabled!, Why?

3: Should the daemon.bak be empty? 0 kb?

4: What do u mean with it wonґt work with alcohol 120% image?

thx for ur help!!

_id_
19.11.2004, 14:10
installed blindwrite and after that the blindwrite autoplay plugin.

no need to install blindwrite, only autoplay.

What can i do with the autoplay plugin??

nothing, it will work now.

When i enable the "Deny Read " option in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\SCSI Port 2
and restart my computer the Option is disabled!, Why?

Because you probably enabled the "Deny Read " option for all users, but it will be set for "SYSTEM" only. And no need to reboot after each registry modification.

Should the daemon.bak be empty? 0 kb?

No, you can copy daemon.dll to daemon.bak or whatever you want. The main reason of doing of these is preventing of renaming of daemon.dll by Securom protection.

What do u mean with it wonґt work with alcohol 120% image?

Aclohol 120% cant copy DVDs with Securom protection at this moment.

vms01
19.11.2004, 15:16
Because you probably enabled the "Deny Read " option for all users, but it will be set for "SYSTEM" only. And no need to reboot after each registry modification.

Nope , i just set it to SYSTEM not to all Users and it turns it back to Allow read!

Iґm gonna make a new HL2 Image with Blindwrite and test it again with ur suggestions! Maybe it really doesnґt work because of the Alcohol 120% image!
Any special Options how to burn with blindwrit???????

Thx cya vms01

_id_
19.11.2004, 15:53
Nope , i just set it to SYSTEM not to all Users and it turns it back to Allow read!

Iґm gonna make a new HL2 Image with Blindwrite and test it again with ur suggestions! Maybe it really doesnґt work because of the Alcohol 120% image!
Any special Options how to burn with blindwrit???????

Thx cya vms01

Anyway, set Deny to System's Read option.
There is no special options for BlindWrite 5, choose automatic profile.

vms01
19.11.2004, 17:09
ok, made an image with blindwrite, mounted it with Daemon Tools, made the registry Deny Options and made a 0kb daemon.bak file +r +s in the Windows Folder!
Stll doesnґt work, still the damn emulation Error message!!

What the hell am i doing wrong???? This drives me crazy!!!!

TheDuckOfDeath
19.11.2004, 17:18
ok, made an image with blindwrite, mounted it with Daemon Tools, made the registry Deny Options and made a 0kb daemon.bak file +r +s in the Windows Folder!
Stll doesnґt work, still the damn emulation Error message!!

What the hell am i doing wrong???? This drives me crazy!!!!

Same problem copying Half-Life 2 here. I installed the newest daemon tools, blindwrite, autoplay, made the registry changes, put the +R +S daemon.bak file in the windows dir, but still get the emulation error. Help?

-Duck!

Mosef
19.11.2004, 20:06
Same problem copying Half-Life 2 here. I installed the newest daemon tools, blindwrite, autoplay, made the registry changes, put the +R +S daemon.bak file in the windows dir, but still get the emulation error. Help?

-Duck!

same problem here too.
But i have win2k. I edited the registry with the old WinNT, just run regedt32.exe.
Only the pnpscsi.inf entry i didnt found.

vms01
19.11.2004, 20:46
ok guys, it works finally after 4 hours of searching and forum reading!!!

listen up:

Idґs faq has some little mistakes, but thx to him, because if he didnґt write this , i wouldnґt have searched for a solution!

1: Make a iso of ur Game with Blindwrite ( with the Automatic profile)
2: Just go to ur registry and search for
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi.

Here Scsi Port 0 stands for example for ur DVD- or CD- Rom Drive!
If u have three Drives, it would be also Scsi 0 1 and 2.
Now u have to search the Virtual Drive of Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%!
I have 1 Drive + Alcohol + Daemon Tools!
So Scsi 0 is the DVD-Drive
Scsi 1 is alcohol 120% virtual Drive
Scsi 2 is Daemon Tools Virtual Drive

So now u have to right click on the Virtual Drive in my case it is scsi 1 and scsi 2 (if u have alcohol and daemon tools u have to do this for both like me) and Deny the "Read" Option not for SYSTEM, but for ADMINISTARTOR!
this would be for Daemon Tools the d347prt and for alcohol the a347scsi.
close regedit!
3: mount ur blindwrite image with daemon tools!(no extra options requiered)
4.Start ur game!!

hope it works for u!

VERY IMPORTANT: If u restart ur PC u have to repeat step 2, because ur Options in the registry will be restored when u restard ur pc.

P.S for HL2 u need to online activate ur version before and when u activated it u have to start it before u can play it offline with ur new Blindwrite image!!!!

cya vms01

CCDART
19.11.2004, 21:42
Dude, it worked...
_id_ & vms01 = Gods.

SoLi
19.11.2004, 23:36
i have followed VMS's instructions exactly however when i try and run HL2 from this image, i dont get the "emulation detected" but i get another error. it says about not being able to authenticate within time limit.

Any suggestions?

Ico
20.11.2004, 03:40
well mine doesnt coem up with the error but the problem is it coems up with nothing and hl2 does not start :( any one got any ideas, i ve followed your guys instructions exactly

EnderWiggen
20.11.2004, 04:55
well mine doesnt coem up with the error but the problem is it coems up with nothing and hl2 does not start :( any one got any ideas, i ve followed your guys instructions exactlyOdd, same thing happens here.

No error, just nothing.

beepoobee
20.11.2004, 05:59
ok i got it to work. but the reg needs to be edited every restart. anyway to overcome this flaw? thanks.

Chokeslam
20.11.2004, 07:38
well mine doesnt coem up with the error but the problem is it coems up with nothing and hl2 does not start :( any one got any ideas, i ve followed your guys instructions exactlyOdd, same thing happens here.

No error, just nothing.

Same thing here as well.

Which is exactly what happens when I try to play the game with the real DVD in the physical drive.

I'm almost resigned to returning this game.

DoubleJ
20.11.2004, 08:45

No error, just nothing.

same problem here... if I go to the task manager and start hl2/css I see the "hl2.exe" but after some seconds it will disappaer, and nothing happens!

Mosef
20.11.2004, 12:21

No error, just nothing.

same problem here... if I go to the task manager and start hl2/css I see the "hl2.exe" but after some seconds it will disappaer, and nothing happens!

again same problem...it would be cool if you write which OS you are using.
I'm using Win 2k Prof

DoubleJ
20.11.2004, 12:34
I'm using Win XP pro

ShellShock
20.11.2004, 12:40
I can't get this to work either (Windows XP SP2).

I got the error "Conflict with disc emulator software detected" until I shut down InCD (random access driver that came with my Sony DVD drive).

Now I can see HL2 process in Task Manager but it doesn't do anything. I also can't end the process.

Can you make clear - do we need to change the permissions of all the keys in the original post, or just the first one:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\d347prt
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Anyway, for those who do have it working, you can automatically change the registry permissions on boot - see here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245031

I created a HL2RegIni.txt file with these contents:

\Registry\Machine\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2 [8 17 19]
\Registry\Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control \Class\{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} [8 17 19]
\Registry\Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PC I\d347prt [8 17 19]
\Registry\Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Service s\d347prt [8 17 19]

And a HL2RegIni.bat file in the same directory:

@echo off
regini HL2RegIni.txt

Then I put a shortcut to the bat file in my Startup folder, and that does the trick.

beepoobee
20.11.2004, 13:46
thanks for th einfo. i'll see if i can use your method to change the registry permissions on boot.

btw, for me i just need to change for

the rest of the keys no need to change. and i only use alcohol 1705. no daemon tools at all.

vms01
20.11.2004, 14:36
Hi,
so for all of u, who canґt start ur game because nothing happens if u start ur exe. First try to start ur game with the original dvd, if this doesnґt work itґs not the securom 5 problem but a HL2 Problem, so look at http://www.steampowered.com/forums/ for solutions!!

@Shellshock

U just need to change the first one for Administrator as i wrote on the second page! Just read my faq and it should work, but ur hl2 with original dvd should work before!!!

DoubleJ
20.11.2004, 15:37
thanks for th einfo. i'll see if i can use your method to change the registry permissions on boot.

btw, for me i just need to change for

the rest of the keys no need to change. and i only use alcohol 1705. no daemon tools at all.

so you only changed the permission of the "SCSI Port 2" entry? which tool did you use to make the image? a120%? and then you simply mounted the image in a120 and it worked?

Hi,
so for all of u, who canґt start ur game because nothing happens if u start ur exe. First try to start ur game with the original dvd, if this doesnґt work itґs not the securom 5 problem but a HL2 Problem, so look at http://www.steampowered.com/forums/ for solutions!!

with the original dvd i can start the game without any problems. but after making the registry changes und mounting the image nothing happens. the hl2.exe apperas in the taskman and after some seconds it disappaers. after unmounting the image and inserting the dvd in a physical drive everything works fine again!

Mosef
20.11.2004, 15:51
with the original dvd i can start the game without any problems. but after making the registry changes und mounting the image nothing happens. the hl2.exe apperas in the taskman and after some seconds it disappaers. after unmounting the image and inserting the dvd in a physical drive everything works fine again!

This happened to me too, but now it works. The problem is the Image.

My problem is now that my Windows 2000 Prof haven't the regini.exe and it isn't in the support tool kit on the cd too. Can someone please send me the regini.exe and explain to me how to get it working globally with windows?

DoubleJ
20.11.2004, 16:03
This happened to me too, but now it works. The problem is the Image.

could you be more specific? what was the problem with the image? (i see you are from germany, if you would like to talk to me via icq, contact me: 77315571... können da dann auch deutsch sprechen ;) )

vms01
20.11.2004, 17:06
make the image with blindwrite and automatic profile! It has to be a new blindwrite version!
Also u have to mount the image with daemon tools 3.47 and no Options enabled ( no securom , no rmps etc.).
That should work!!!!

Mosef
20.11.2004, 17:49
you could make the Image with a BlindWrite profile especially for Securom new 5. the Image done with this was better than the one i made with automatic.
I hope i can link it without being slapped...
http://forum.copybase.ch/de/uploads/BlindWriteProfil_SrNew5.rar

unrar it in the BlindWrite5\profiles dir...

and when this don't work, look for a better b5t-file. I think i cant link this here or?

MasterC
20.11.2004, 20:43
After changing the registry I could no longer open the device manager. What can I do?

Mosef
20.11.2004, 21:00
you probably messed up your registry.
Hopefully you remembered what you have changed, then you can recover your settings. Good luck!

ShellShock
20.11.2004, 21:09
I've given up on trying to get this to work.

Using Blindwrite 5 and daemon 3.47. Tried automatic profile and specific profile.

Anyway Mosef - regini is included with Windows XP. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. Stick it in C:\Windows\System32.

MasterC
20.11.2004, 22:29
i used the system recovery tool and everything was like before.

Chokeslam
20.11.2004, 22:30
After changing the registry I could no longer open the device manager. What can I do?

This initially happened to me as well after follow the original instructions given on the first page. Change back the registry values modified there to allow permissions to all users and the device manager will show again.

Good luck.

Meanwhile, has anyone who experienced nothing after the "preparing to play..." message had any luck getting further?

MasterC
21.11.2004, 02:51
Follow these instruction and itґll work. Damn simple! But only in german. But the pictures explain enough I think. Another suggestion from me: Open device manager(Gerätemanager in german) double click your cd/dvd devices to see which bus number the daemon tool device has. Then change only the equivalent setting in your registration. It works fine!
http://forum.copybase.ch/de/index.php?showtopic=3526

ShellShock
21.11.2004, 11:50
With a little help from Google I've translated the German instructions. The screenshots are still in German.

Half Life 2

To avoid having to have the Half Life 2 / Counterstrike: SOURCE DVD in the drive when playing, you can create an image of the DVD and use DAEMON Tools to create a virtual drive. But Valve and/or Sony suspected this would happen and have already inserted some months ago a Blacklist into the "SecuROM" version 5.x copy protection, which is used by Half Life 2.

To get round this, first create an image of the DVD. With the help of the attached BlindWrite5-Profile http://forum.copybase.ch/de/uploads/BlindWriteProfil_SrNew5.rar (save the file to the BlindWrite5\profiles directory; you need WinRAR 3.41 to unzip the file) and BlindWrite you can create a medium data image of the DVD (" image") using the "Read" menu (screenshot 1).

The DVD image has now been created in the Blindwrite B5T format and can with a few mouselicks in the DAEMON Tools Tray menu (screenshot 2) be mounted.

If you now to start Half Life 2 it will fail. This is because of the Blacklisting function previously mentioned. To get round this, go to the Start menu, click Run, and enter "regedit", and hit OK. Now navigate in the tree to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP \Scsi Port N, where N depends on the number of attached drives and installed emulation software.

Find the Scsi Port N key for the DAEMON Tools, Alcohol120% or other emulation software that has the Half Life 2 image mounted. For DAEMON tools, expand the Scsi Port N keys and subkeys to find one called "Logical Unit Id 0". The DAEMON tools virtual drive has an Identifier of "Generic DVD-ROM" under this key.

Sony's SecuROM looks under the "administrator" group for the installed emulation software. We can prevent SecuROM by finding this by setting the Permissions on the appropriate key to deny read access. (screenshot 3). Right click the Scsi Port N key and select Permissions from the pop up menu. Select the Administrators group and for the Read permission tick Deny. Click OK. You will need to do this every time you boot your PC, as the change is not permanent.

You should now be able to play Half Life 2 without the DVD in the drive.

Screenshots (these are urls not img, and img doesn't seem to work):

[ 1 ] http://forum.copybase.ch/de/index.php?s=dda7d859422156567bd6c198740dd3ac&act=Attach&type=post&id=205

[ 2 ] http://forum.copybase.ch/de/index.php?s=a34e55cd290319f89fe6aa8c076acac4&act=Attach&type=post&id=203

[ 3 ] http://forum.copybase.ch/de/index.php?s=a34e55cd290319f89fe6aa8c076acac4&act=Attach&type=post&id=204

PS: Before you use the virtual drive for other progrems, you should change the Permissions back again in regedit, by untick the Deny box for the Read permission, and ticking the Allow box for Full control.

universaL
21.11.2004, 16:51
for win2k users the old registry editor should do the trick: something like regedt32 :) no win2k pc anymore, so i can't test it :)

CCDART
21.11.2004, 18:16
For people who cant see the Device Manager afterwards. Re-edit the PCI Enum one, then you can see it.

Mosef
21.11.2004, 18:17
like i said before "run regedt32.exe" is the command with win2k

and for the people who edited more than the "scsi port x", you dont need this! Just edit the "scsi port x" entry!

ZoSTeR
22.11.2004, 12:07
I noticed that not every DVD-ROM can create a working image with BW.
In my case my old trusty Toshiba 1612 didn't work but my Pioneer DVD-burner did.

While creating an image with BW open the log file and make sure that the topology is read properly.

jdlyn
22.11.2004, 16:28
I notice that b5T image created with the new SecuRom 5xx will play fine with the reg hack ...but why doesn't it work as a burned backup?

MasterC
22.11.2004, 19:33
The image works fine, but the burned copy( burned with BW and Securom5) doesnґt. Theres a problem with the topology that is, in my case, 0%. So, what is to do?

Benjamin
23.11.2004, 14:53
Well, I'm proud of the fact my little tutorial has been translated and posted here, but don't forget to post the link where you get it from: the source page.

http://forum.copybase.ch/de/index.php?showtopic=3526

Edit: Sorry, I haven't read the previous thread-page. My fault. :-D

It's in German, i think some of you do understand this language, even if they're from Switzerland ;-)

Well, I also didn't find a way to write the working B5T/B5I-images on a DVD5.
Please tell me via email (benny <the-char-also-called-"at"> copybase.ch) if you've found a way to do it.

silicon
23.11.2004, 20:31
just a FYT, it worked with my Alcohol 120% image too.

OlivierFromFrance
23.11.2004, 20:38
just a FYT, it worked with my Alcohol 120% image too.

How did you get topology data from DVD with Alcohol software ?

silicon
24.11.2004, 01:33
just a FYI, it worked with my Alcohol 120% image too.

How did you get topology data from DVD with Alcohol software ?

Let me refine my statement:

just a FYI, it works my half-life 2 (CD version) made with Alcohol 120% image.

noib
26.11.2004, 18:04
@echo off
regini HL2RegIni.txt

Then I put a shortcut to the bat file in my Startup folder, and that does the trick.

Are you sure of this ShellShock ??
I've tried that script, and the problem is that regini does not handle the "Deny" access. With that tool, i can't DENY read access for Administrator, i can just DELETE all accesses for Administrator.. looks like its not the same thing for securom ! :roll:

noib
26.11.2004, 18:12
hummm. correction : if i use a script deleting all accesses to all users, it works.

so the content of HL2RegIni.txt would be :

\Registry\Machine\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2 []

and content of hl2.bat would be

regini HL2RegIni.txt

i don't know if its very good for the computer stability but.. lets try !! :D

mutt
27.11.2004, 18:36
I was able to use subinacl to reset the registry permissions on bootup. I created a batch file with the following command and put it in my startup dir.

"C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\subinacl" /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\SCSI Port 2" /deny=administrators=r

I'm using XP, but this should work on 2K. The " are important.
You'll probably need to DL subinacl. It can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en

legio
27.11.2004, 18:48
I had an image made with alcohol 120%, didnt work.

So now i try to make an image with blindwrite and the config from this thread but blindwrite only spits out a file that is 667mb ?

Wich obiously doesn't work either, how do I get a lager file from blindwrite ?
Or is that because I used the trail version ?

Mosef
27.11.2004, 21:04
I had an image made with alcohol 120%, didnt work.

So now i try to make an image with blindwrite and the config from this thread but blindwrite only spits out a file that is 667mb ?
Wich obiously doesn't work either, how do I get a lager file from blindwrite ?
Or is that because I used the trail version ?

I made my image with Blindwrite too, but i changed a setting (dont know where...) that it shouldnt split it up as big as a CD, but as big as a DVD.

@mutt

it works under Win2k. tested it and it works perfectly!

mutt
27.11.2004, 21:18
I think I found a much simpler method of bypassing securom 5's blacklist.
I take no credit for this. I found this while browsing the support forums on Alcohol Software and they found it some where else. You gotta love the internet =)

Anyways, create a .reg file with the following
(don't include the dashed lines):
--------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run]
"Securomfix"="reg.exe add \"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\HARDWARE\\DEVICEMAP\\Scsi\\Scs i Port 2\" /v Interrupt /t REG_DWORD /d 0xf /f"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2]
"Interrupt"=dword:0000000f
------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE: You'll need to find out what scsi port your drive emulator is using! For most of us it's 'Scsi Port 2'. If your emulator is using another port, make changes to the above patch accordingly. Make sure you change all references to 'Scsi Port 2'. There are 2

Save your reg patch then run it. This works on XP. I pretty sure for it to work on 2K you'll need to modify the patch. I'll leave that for someone else to post.

legio
27.11.2004, 22:25
I made my image with Blindwrite too, but i changed a setting (dont know where...) that it shouldnt split it up as big as a CD, but as big as a DVD.

@mutt

it works under Win2k. tested it and it works perfectly!

The new blindwrite has not options whatsoever, its like 'Presss the big GO button'
Wich version did you use ?

Mosef
27.11.2004, 23:10
hmm, i looked again, but didnt find this option. Maybe it wasnt there. Dont know why im remembering a option like this.
Now i dont know why you get this small image...

maybe you should use the latest version. (5.2.6b).

howz_dis
28.11.2004, 02:16
im just woundering do u change the read setting to deny on all types off accounts when ya in regedit??

tvniklas
29.11.2004, 15:02
Iґve followed the instructions and made the changes in the registry and made an copy with blindwrite (auto).
The first time everything worked perfectly but then after a restart the game tries to load the screen gets black and after 40 seconds a message appears:

"The instructions on 0x241734a5 refered to the memory on 0x01288430.The memory could not be read"

Anyone has a clue?

Graive
30.11.2004, 18:30
I too edited my registery, I tried the batch files and the .reg files that some said to use, I made my own image of the HL2 disk with BW 5+, and used the format that is found at the link in the first page of this thread. Then I got Daemon tools right from this site and used that to mount my image, and while the image comes up with that auto play start screen, with the option on it to play HL2, and even opens steam when I select to play, absolutely nothing ever happens after that. When I select to play HL2 from my games list in Steam, then the HL2.exe file will open and I see it in the task manager, (I'm using xp with sp2) and after awhile it just goes away. Once, I got it to say something about not being able to authenticate the disk, like a timeout error or something. But I think that was with an image I had made with BW version 4.5.7

Help?

P.S. I have already beaten the game with the cd in my drive, so yes, I have installed it.

mata7
30.11.2004, 18:37
i did the same as you, and i got same problem

btw hi all, nice forums

mutt
01.12.2004, 01:44
Graive/mata7,

Do you guys have the CD version or DVD version? I don't know if these fixes will work with the DVD version. If you have the CD version, here's a step by step on what worked for me:

1) Create an image of disk 1 using Alcohol 120% (ver 1.9.2.1705). Pick securom 4.x/5.x as the data-type.

2) Get subinacl if you don't have it already (location in the thread).

3) Run the subinacl command (listed in the thread). Be sure to modify the subinacl command parameters to point the scsi instance deamon tools is using. For me it was 'SCSI Port 2', but it may be different on your systems.

4) Try running HL2 from the image. It should work. If not, then make sure you are pointing subinacl to the right scsi instance.

5) If step 4 worked, put the subinacl command you used in a batch file in your statup dir. This will ensure the deny read permissions are reset on reboot.

I hope this helps you guys. Another option is to use the reg patch I listed in the thread. I found it to work on my system, but not my son's. However, the subinacl batch file trick seems to work every time.

mata7
01.12.2004, 06:44
thanks for you help man

i have the DVD Version, and for more the i try, i cant make it work, lol i almost give up for now

Graive
01.12.2004, 07:47
well I'm not sure if I have the cd or dvd version, it ha like 4 disks and they look like cd's to m3h. Thing is, I can't get the actual cd to work anyway. I keep getting some weird error saying that the original disk could not be authenticated within the time limmit or something like that. I followed the instructions on the steam web site for a simmilar error, but I'm reluctant to try giving them a snapshot of my system for any reason. And their suggestions did not fix my problem either. So now I can't play HL2 at all, with or without the actual physical real disk! I'm getting frustrated now... help...

Oh yeah, I tried your suggestion too, except for the version of alcohol that u said to try, since I do not already have the copy, is that the latest version or what? and if it isn't, where can I get a copy of that version? I'm currently using a version from the latest blindwrite software, as was instructed at the begining of this thread. Obviously, nothing has worked so far.

Graive
01.12.2004, 07:53
I think it's the dvd version btw, cause the disk doesn't seem to work in my cd drive, but it does work in my dvd drive.

ellou
01.12.2004, 08:30
Hi,
I have the DVD version. I made all the things mentionned on this forum:

-create image with BW (I tried both with "Automatic" profile and with "SecuRom New 5(DVD)" profile
-make the registry thing
-mount the image with Daemon Tools

I am using the latest versions of BW and of DT.
And I have the same behaviour as many of us: when I launch either HL2 or CS:S, it connects to Steam, then it opens HL2 in Task Manager, and after 30 seconds, the task disappears and nothing more happen (of course it works perfectly well with DVD inserted).

I AM POSITIVE that I tested anything as described in this forum.
I BELIEVE that it works just fine for many of you.
PLEASE BELIEVE that it just doesn't work for many of us.
Now, if someone with same behaviour than us REALLY succeeds in making it work, pllleeeeaaaaaase advise.
Thx!

legio
01.12.2004, 10:46
EDIT
Please don't mention and link to such things :!:

Graive
01.12.2004, 18:11
what the heck do you mean don't mention and link to such things? what things? there were no links in the recent posts.

My problem, is that my disk does not make my game play at all. I tried getting rid of alcohol, DT, BW, got rid of all my virtual drives, moved my dvd drive's drive letter to be the highest letter possible for a dvd/cd drive, I've done everyone's suggestions including valve's and my game does not work, period. My main problem seems to be a disk authentication problem, I seem to not be able to authenticate my disk within some timel limmit. Which is weird since I have already played and beat the game, using this exact disk.

I'm wondering if that registery editing file that was posted on this thread to use as an easier way to get around the securom blacklist could have done other damage? Or something, I dunno... I'm just lost and frustrated at not being able to play the most anticipated game of the past few years...

Copytrooper
01.12.2004, 18:42
what the heck do you mean don't mention and link to such things? what things? there were no links in the recent posts.
You may notice the note EDIT in above post - there's no link in recent post, 'cause it was edited out! :idea:

Underheaven
02.12.2004, 15:18
ellou, maybe I can guess about your issue. You should post more specs ( OS version , OS service pack, the last-modified time from your steam executable file, CD drives, and the names and firmware revisions of all your installed dvd-drives, your ASPI version(win95/98/me) )

If you see the game load and disappear from the task manager (but invisible on the screen) and have followed all the steps, IMHO it means you have a bad image of your disc. Try copying the DVD to the hard disk using another dvd-reader or a dvd-reader from another computer. I haven't had success with the automatic BlindWrite 5 profile. Take Mosef's suggestion.

the Image done with this was better than the one i made with automatic.
I hope i can link it without being slapped...
http://forum.copybase.ch/de/uploads/BlindWriteProfil_SrNew5.rar

unrar it in the BlindWrite5\profiles dir...

mata7
02.12.2004, 18:34
i finally got it, after i read Ohio813 post i create i new image Whit my Sony 510A and BW automatic profile, Before i create a image Whit my Lite-On 166 And dint work

thanks Ohio813 :D

mata7
02.12.2004, 20:06
the only think the i cannot get it to work, is that think to make the drive read at start up, i have to run regedit manually and enable on Scsi Port 2 read only, but i can live Whit that

cooleo521
03.12.2004, 01:38
No worries about the DVD problem anymore.

http://www.playground.ru/download/?cheat=2493&from=ftp

To use it:
* Shutdown Steam
* Put hijack_hl2.exe, hijack_hl2.dll and hl2.exe in the directory where steam.exe is installed
* Run hijack_hl2.exe instead of steam.exe

noib
03.12.2004, 09:40
the only think the i cannot get it to work, is that think to make the drive read at start up, i have to run regedit manually and enable on Scsi Port 2 read only, but i can live Whit that

Have you tried the RegIni stuff ? Disable all access to anybody 8)
And SubInAcl stuff too ??
this should work

mata7
03.12.2004, 10:23
i did try but is no working for me, probably am doing something wrong, but at least i don't have to put my DVD Anymore and that make me happy

richielah
05.12.2004, 04:29
anyone know if this will actually work on windows 98 because i cantt really find the scsi in the reg edit but i can find it on my windows xp machine.

Underheaven
05.12.2004, 17:33
anyone know if this will actually work on windows 98 because i cantt really find the scsi in the reg edit but i can find it on my windows xp machine.

First of all, if the two operating systems rely upon the registry differently, this "scsi" trick may not exist. Secondly, Win95/Win98/WinMe don't have any security. You would have to use a third-party program to impose security on the registry. Thirdly, richielah or anyone else with an old machine could fire up a registry monitor and see... :D

GregDude
07.01.2005, 11:43
I followed the instructions from the first post and they worked fine, however...

Making the following key non readable:
Caused the nVidia tab in Display Properties to disapear.

In my test, leaving this key alone made a securom5 image work and kept my display tab.

archy001
31.03.2005, 07:20
@GregDude
same here, I just wonder, why my Nvidia Display Center are not there anymore,only over right Mouse Menue.
So ill try to reset my Registrychanges, and my Nvidiaprofil is there again,how strange! :roll:

What the hell has nvidia Menue to do with DaemonToolsdriver?
Can anyone answer me this?
Sorry for my bad english, im german.

lcandy
08.04.2005, 16:29
Hi all, new here, but regular "viewer". I've had a lot of success thanks to the advice on this forum, getting my games to work on my hdd, phew, so thanks, but, theres always a snag, heh.

I've had problems writing scripts to get windows to change permissions, not that I couldn't get them to change, just not to the right thing.

I copied this example here:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\subinacl" /keyreg
"\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\Devicemap\SCSI\SCSI Port 2" /deny=administrators=r

That was after installing subinacl. Unfortunatly, it didn't change anything what so ever. I didn't give up and tried the other method, getting a batch file to regini a file with \Registry\Machine\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2 [8 17 19] in it. But that didn't do the right thing, it made that Scsi ports permissions a mess, I lost the Admin thing all together. Adding in hex's (or whatever they are) for the admin, only added permission, not denied them.

So can any clever person here help me with this problem? Like I said, thanks for all the cool posts anyway, it's just after well over 4 hours of doing this for my friend and myself, my brains getting a bit warn lol.

OlivierFromFrance
08.04.2005, 22:27
Here is French version which is a little bit different, this can help you :

"C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\subinacl.exe" /keyreg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1" /deny=Administrateurs=R

Obviously, everything shall be on the same line, Administrateurs is french name for Administrators, be careful with A in caps, finally, the number 1 in my example is the one of d347scsi not d347bus, check that too.

Try the command first from command line (start / run / cmd) to check if there are some errors .

Olivier

legalbackuponly
28.05.2005, 05:03
got image with blindwrite trial today. loaded image with Dtools latest. Did the reg edits and Dl'ed autoplay. copied and renamed the daemon.dll to daemon.bak (dont know how to do the +s +r stuff though) and i still get the error emulation detected stuff.

Im trying rollercoaster tycoon 3 cd. WINXP sp2.
I got a cd, dvdburner.

I tried with emulation off on dtools. and on also. Im frustrated trying to weed thru all this different info. Theres my specs and game. Maybe someone can help me specifically. Its all HL2 mostly. THANKS.