• Show
Clear All

• Using network to load images

Operating System: Windows 98 and XP workstations, Novell 6.5 server
    Burning Software: Nero 6.x
    Anti-virus Software: Network Associates McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.x
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.36

To whom this may concern,

I am running a Novell network. We have images created with another piece of software, MediaPath MediaAgent 32+. It doesn't run very well, and does not permit to move the databases and images from and to a new server.

My question is this:

If I have one directory that holds all my images, on a network share, what rights do I need to associate to them, and how can I load these images and run the <default file execution>?

I work for a school board as well, and we are willing to pay for governmental/educational use. I use this software for personal usage, but would love to have the ability to integrate it into our existing network.

Since we are dealing with kids, I would like a simple double-click of an icon, which in turn, loads up the image, and runs the default command.

I know I tried to have Daemon-Tools load up an image off a shared drive on my local home network, and would get the BSOD. I think it might just be a rights issue, but I'm curious to see whether or not there is a good solution for my need.

Can someone please get back to me on this?

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon. If need be, I would rather communicate with email, but the forums are nice to have for support.

Thank you and good day. :!:

BSOD is just a driver problem not rights.
    Make sure you use latest DT version too.
    On server you need only read permissions for all clients.

To automate your tasks you can look at 3rd pary addons on our page.

Comment

Awesome.

What about usage rights? I don't want to be caught up in a license issue.

thank you

Comment

Oh, and what kind of driver issue? Which driver do I need to change?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X