CloneCD .bin copies not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CloneCD .bin copies not running

Hi, I"m extremely new so please forgive me. Everything about daemon tools, etc is new to me, but I have been trying to figure it out. I am trying to copy a video game from 2 .bin files each of which represents the 2 cds of the game. When I mounted the .bin files with DmTools, the installation process went through, asked for cd2 and everything went well. And as I see is a common problem from the FAQ/Troubleshooting, when I go to run the program, cd1 works, and then asks for cd2 whereupon an error message tells me to insert the correct cd-rom, select ok and restart the application.
    According to the faq guide, I tried running the program again under drive f of Dtools, ejecting after cd1, then mounting cd2 in the same drive. No dice. So, I tried to burn the .bin files on to cds using CloneCD and choosing Write from Image File. I burnt both .bin files onto 2 separate cds, but when I check the contents of the cds under windows xp, no files appear. When I insert cd1, nothing starts up, and there is no boot file to click. When I try to mount the image from the e-drive, there is nothing to mount. So this is where I am now.
    Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Re-create the images from your original cds in CloneCDs native format (ccd, img, sub).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

ok, done. Now since they are now 3 files instead of 1, how do I mount these all together, or burn all 3 images to a cd at the same time?

Comment

Just mount the ccd, or write it with CloneCD - the ccd is TOC file only.

Comment

i tried mounting the ccd file for cd1, then it asked me for cd2, after mounting cd2 on the same drive, it gave me the same error asking for the correct cd rom. I haven't burnt them yet because the ccd files are only 1kb, and I dont want to waste a cd on that. what next?

Comment

Which game? Maybe you need another software due to protection used.

Comment

The game I have is NHL 2005. Apparently it uses Safedisc. I just burnt 2 cds of ccd files, reinstalled and it gives me the same message again. Ok, I might be doing something very basic the worng way. When I put in the cd, at least now it opens the program by itself and there are files present in the e-drive. When it opens directly, I have d-tools set to safedisc. If I need to mount the cd, how do I do that / which file do I choose?
              grrrrrr

Comment

Does it work from original cd? SafeDisc works fine from virtual device.

Comment

NHL 2005

I have the same problem with NHL 2005
                  I created Images using BlindWrite, I installed the game successfully, but when I try to run it, it asks me to disable any/all CD-ROM Emulation software
                  I even tried re-naming the device names on instalation of D-Tools, Doesnt EA realize its LEGAL to make 1 personal backup of a game? perhaps so I can bring it to work without risking my original disc??? :evil:

Comment

Disable CloneCD's Hide CD-R media function and tray. SafeDisc doesn't like that.

Comment

ahhh but I only have clone CD installed, I dont have any form of disc emulation running with it
                      the game is using SafeDisc Version 3 is this Emulated with D-tools or just Version 2? could this be the issue with 2005? (my NHL 2004 works perfectly as is)

Comment

Working...
                      X