is it legal ????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it legal ????????

hi im kinda new at posting threads so excuse me if i slip up somewhere.ok my question is if it is legal to make backup copys of games u own considering u own them & also if u own the games is it legal to use no cd cracks?? as i have herd no cd cracks are ilegal but im not sure if its legal or not when u own the game to use them..any info back would be greatley appericated...

thnks in advance guys

am i asking to much??

all im asking for is some info about my questions but so far here no one wonts to help me is it that the topic i put up is ilegal to disscuss?? PLZ can some help me????

Comment

You should try waiting more than two hours before replying to yourself.

No-CD cracks are thought illegal because of the reverse engineering aspect. That's bad. Don't discuss things that are or could be illegal on this website. -End obligatory legal warning-. I think you can make a backup copy of a game if the end user license expressly permits it.

Comment

thnks for ya help

ok thnks for the info & not to be offensive but they say u girls dont have a clue when it comes to computers but as shown in ur case its quiet different. more or less just throwing ya friendly compliment on ya education keep up ya good work & thnks once again.. :wink:

Comment

in many countries worldwide you can backup your software (yes, this
          include games), regardless what stands in end user license agreement.

Of course it's illegal to use NO-CD-Crack for this purpose. Except, it's
          allowed through EULA. But honestly, I never saw SUCH eula

Comment

If I talk out of my butt please correct

If I recall correctly EULAs aren't considered valid agreements in any 1st world country, at least not in the USA and northern Europe where many people on this forum come from (unless both you and the other party have reviewed the EULA and then both signed it at the presence of a notary - this is how volume licencing (100+) is done here).

As for modifying software there are still many countries left where modifying (including modifying the CD check routine) legally purchased software IS completely legal like most European countries that haven't yet joined the EUCD crowd, most of Asia including Russia and China and all of Africa except South Africa.

Then there are some countries where there are loopholes, like letting a minor install the program or installing the program without viewing the EULA (like directly unpacking an Installshield executable) - then you can freely modify the program (most of South America).

At least in the UK, USA, Australia, Germany, France, Spain and Iraq no-CDs are illegal and the penalties are much, much higher than just stealing the game from a store.
            Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

Working...
            X