• Show
Clear All

• Error Code 25050

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Clone-CD; Neor Burning Rom 5.0
    Anti-virus Software: Anti-VirGuard
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hello..

When trying to install Daemon Tools, the installation stops with an error code 25050. Searching this site and the net brought no info as to what goes wrong during the install.. So I thought I'd ask here... Does anyone know a solution to my problem, please?

Thanks in advance!

Just solved it myself.... Sorry, can't delete this topic...

Comment

Operating System: win XP pro
      Burning Software: nero 6.06, clone cd
      Anti-virus Software: norton av
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

but still got this problem!! what does the error code mean?

just before I removed deamon tools 347 because of a game which does nut run with d-tools installed.
      but the emulated drive still remained, so I deleted every registriy entry with d347prt and d347bus. and I uninstalled the drive and plug and play extention manually at the device manager.

if I choose a different name for bus driver and miniport it still doesnt work. it says device error 25050

btw. I got the same problem with the st3wolf.sys which must belong to some older deamon tools version, right?

pls help!

Comment

nobody any idea?? what does this error mean?

Comment

The error means Windows can't update the driver.
          Check this thread to remove leftovers of previous installation, ensure you delete st3*.sys files in Windows\System32\Drivers directory.
          Reboot after the procedure.
          Clean or move setupapi.log, then try to install, if it fails again mail setupapi.log to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

thanks, but it didn't work. and the setupapi.log is empty!
            I can install older versions but not the new one. and I removed all older versions before trying to install d tools 3.47
            I removed all sys files and all registry entrys which are not write protected.

did not work for me because the key are only visible until I confirm the error message, after the rollback the setup automatically deletes them.
            I must be some registry key which blocks the setup

Comment

what should I do if the setupapi.log is empty?

Comment

the file is empty, so sending it to support wouldn't help....what could I do?

Comment

Working...
                X