• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD SCSIPORT.SYS Error - No starport drivers found

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP2
    Burning Software: Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: Daemon Tools 3.47

Hello, I have two pc's. The one worked well for the install. However I keep getting the BSOD for the SCSIPORT.SYS for the other one. ]

I checked for the Starforce Drivers and couldn't find any. I captured the Mini Dump, and tried to understand it to no avail.

I would have attached the file here, but there doesn't seem to be an attach for it here.

I've emailed the support email as requested in the past.

Thank you for your assistance.
    Joe

Operating System: winxp sp2
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: daemon tool 3.47

i have the same problem. wheres the minidump???

Comment

Operating System: Win XP
      Burning Software: Nero
      Anti-virus Software: NOD
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

BSOD is unusual for XP, could understood if it was win98, sounds like conflict between scsiport.sys and D-Tools, even if file was just missing the wouldn't get BSOD, just error that can't find file!

sorry but i don't have any idea for solution for it, since i never myself have faced this kind of problem on XP, but try uninstall both D-Tools and Starforce and then install D-Tools first and Starforce next!
      On first day god created universe...on last day humans will destroy it!

Comment

well.. unfortunately.. dats what happen to me... really sad cuz i have to do something with the image and i cant burn it for some reason

Comment

SCSIPORT.sys and BSOD

Operating System: WINXP pro SP2
          Burning Software: NERO
          Anti-virus Software: SAV
          DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I had this problem. I searched my comp for this file and in so doing I noticed that the driver cabs from my sp1 installation had a scsiport.sys file that was a different size/date than the file located in windows\system32\drivers which was the SP2 version. ( I can confirm that because the windows service pack installers leave cabs and locate themselves under sp1 and sp2 locations.)

I extracted the older version from sp1 and overwrote the newer file and now D-tools installs fine.

I don't use any scsi devices so I'm not really concerned with my computer's ability to deal with this interface.

In any case, find out what's different with these files and I think your problem can be solved in future releases.

One suggestion though, I had a hard time making the d-tools installer start over from scratch trying the install process. It refused to try and install again until I went into the registry and deleted the keys it makes under services.

Can you add a start from scratch, or ignore previous results feature to the installer.

Comment

Working...
          X