• Show
Clear All

• A big screw up during uninstall...

Operating System: Windows XP SP1
    Burning Software: -
    Anti-virus Software: -
    DAEMON Tools Version: v3.47

Hi!

This is my first message to the DMT forum and it's not a pleasant one, unfortunately.

I messed up with Vampire: The Bloodlines and the thing that happened resulted to uninstall Daemon Tools (v3.47). What I f***ed up was that when I uninstalled DMT I still had the image mounted. When I tried to re-install DMT, I got the famous 25009(?) error message. I looked into it a bit further, deleted d347*.* from WINDOWS\system32\drivers and daemon.dll from WINDOWS\, and everything related to DMT from registry and hard-drive.

There were left some values/keys I couldn't delete from registry. I've tried to set permissions, boot to safe mode but I just can't delete them. Daemon Tools won't show up in the Device Manager or Computer Management anymore. It's just the registry keys as far as I know.

So I thought, "well f**k that, I'll use Alcohol". Surprise, it won't install as well. Now I'm stuck with ghost daemon drive that won't show up anywhere and I can't uninstall/install any mounting software anymore.

A quick glance through previous posts didn't help so here's my plea for help! :|

-wege

P.S. And forgive me my english, it's not even near my mother language!

Operating System: xp pro
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: pc cillin
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hello

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution??

Comment

solution

Operating System: xp pro
      Burning Software: nero, alcohol, blindwrite
      Anti-virus Software: norton 2005
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Yea heres your solution but when you read this your really gunna be kicking yourself.
      When you install daemon tools, it gives u the option to name your drivers for the virtual drive specifically. DO THAT! Change the driver names from dt347prt or whatever the hell they are originally called to dt347prtnew.
      Then when you restart your OLD daemon tool drivers should be able to be deleted from wherever the hell they live. Plus delete them from the registry (use regedit, newbie) in the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port # (obviously replace # with the scsi port number folder that contains the entry "d347prt" and delete that scsi port folder)
      There
      Done.
      Now even if you cant delete the old drivers, screw em, they dont effect u no longer. Just ignore and get over havin the new ones called dt347prtnew.
      Damn im good.
      I hate to say i know everything but...

Comment

Working...
      X