• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to install Daemon tool

Operating System: WinXP sp2
    Burning Software: Nero 6.3.1.20
    Anti-virus Software: Norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I have never installed any version of Dtools before and when trying to install i get following error: Could not access network location %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\.

I also previously tried to install Alcohol%120 and got the exact same error msg. After looking at their FAQ they suggested the following:

To resolve the problem:
    1. Use the Registry Editor to navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders.
    2. Double-click the Common Administrative Tools Value Name, a REG_EXPAND_SZ data type, and set the data value to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools.
    3. Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders.
    4. Verify that the Common Administrative Tools Value Name, a string data type, is set to the expanded equivalent of %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools, normally C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools.
    5. Exit the Registry Editor.
    6. Shutdown and restart your computer.

Even after doing this I am not able to install either Alcohol%120 or The latest version of Daemon Tool. Any kind of help would be appreciated thanks

AND JUST SO YOU KNOW , I DID LOOK THROUGHT THE FORUM AND WAS UNABLE TO FIND A POST WITH THE SAME ERROR I ENCOUNTERED OR ANY SOLUTION FOR IT ON THIS FORUM , IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA OR GOT THIS ERROR BEFORE AND WAS ABLE TO FIX IT I REALLY NEED HELP WIT THIS ONE

THANKS

Comment

Working...
    X